- 6 Michigan state workers charged in Flint water crisis
FLINT, Mich. (AP) — Michigan's attorney general has charged six more state employees with crimes related to the lead-contaminated water crisis in Flint.
- Governor: 4 Zika cases likely came from Florida mosquitoes
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Florida likely has the first cases of Zika transmitted by mosquitoes on the U.S. mainland, the state's governor said Friday.
- The Latest: Pence rides a Harley across Indiana
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the 2016 presidential race after the Democratic and Republican nominating conventions (all times EDT):
- Clinton to nation: It's a 'moment of reckoning'
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Hillary Clinton capped a four-day convention celebration with a plea for national unity and tolerance. Now, one of the most divisive and distrusted figures in American politics must convince voters that she, rather than Republican rival Donald Trump, can bring a deeply divided nation together.
- San Diego police officer killed in traffic stop
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A traffic stop led to a gunbattle that killed an anti-gang police officer and seriously wounded another, authorities said Friday. A suspect was shot and taken into custody while authorities searched for others who may have been involved.
- He's a skydiver working with a net _ but no parachute
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. (AP) — He's made 18,000 parachute jumps, helped train some of the world's most elite skydivers, done some of the stunts for "Ironman 3." But the plunge Luke Aikins knows he'll be remembered for is the one he's making without a parachute. Or a wingsuit.
- 3 sisters go from homeless shelter to junior track stardom
NEW YORK (AP) — Every morning, three young sisters wake up together with their mom in one bed in a Brooklyn homeless shelter. Every afternoon, they train in a sport that they hope will put them on a path to a better life.
- Black Lives Matter condemns arrest of man filming police
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Black Lives Matter activists in New York are protesting the arrest of an anti-violence advocate who was taken into custody while making a video of two officers frisking a handcuffed motorist.
- Huge, once-hated fish now seen as weapon against Asian carp
CHICAGO (AP) — It's a toothy giant that can grow longer than a horse and heavier than a refrigerator, a fearsome-looking prehistoric fish that plied U.S. waters from the Gulf of Mexico to Illinois until it disappeared from many states a half-century ago.
- Police, protesters at DNC praised for restraint, courtesy
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — They came. They protested. They got their message out.