- Report: RPG fired near Istanbul's main police headquarters
ISTANBUL (AP) — A Turkish media report says a rocket-propelled grenade was fired near Istanbul's main police headquarters.
- Russian political elites revel in Trump's inauguration
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian officials and lawmakers lauded Donald Trump's inauguration Friday, hoping it will herald a period of better ties with the United States, while revelers in Moscow and elsewhere gathered for celebrations as bar and club owners sought to cash in on public excitement.
- Will Trump end globalization? The doubt haunts Davos' elite
DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — It's been impossible to escape the shadow of Donald Trump at this year's gathering of the business elites at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
- In time of troubles, Davos organizers send in the clown
DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — With an ear-piercing whistle, a professional clown in the crowd startles to order a conference room full of some of the world's elite thinkers, writers and religious minds.
- Ex-UK Treasury chief George Osborne joining BlackRock
LONDON (AP) — Former British Treasury chief George Osborne is to join investment management firm BlackRock as an adviser.