- Wildfires break out in Spain, Portugal; 1,350 evacuated
MADRID (AP) — More than 1,350 residents were evacuated in Spain's northeastern region of Aragon as a wildfire spread through a pine forest amid a lingering heat wave, a local official said Sunday.
- World heritage status for The Alamo, Japan industrial sites
BONN, Germany (AP) — The United States has succeeded in its bid to "Remember the Alamo," after the U.N. cultural body approved its status as a world heritage site Sunday.
- The Latest: No matter the result, Greece's way ahead unclear
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The latest from the bailout referendum in Greece (all times local):
- Missing Tbilisi zoo tiger found dead 3 weeks after flooding
TBILISI, Georgia (AP) — Workers cleaning up after the flood that destroyed the zoo in Georgia's capital found the carcass of the last missing tiger on the grounds of a swimming complex.
- Land mine blast in east Ukraine kills 5 soldiers, wounds 3
MOSCOW (AP) — Ukraine says five of its soldiers were killed and three wounded when a land mine exploded in the east of the country, where government troops are fighting Russia-backed separatists.