- Erdogan to provide Mercedes to top cleric following uproar
ISTANBUL (AP) — "Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes-Benz?"
- EU, Ukraine sign $2 billion loan deal at Eastern summit
RIGA, Latvia (AP) — The European Union and Ukraine have signed a 1.8 billion euro ($2 billion) loan deal in an effort to help revive the cash-strapped country's economy.
- Cameron promises tough times for EU ahead of referendum
RIGA, Latvia (AP) — British Prime Minister David Cameron is warning the European Union of tough times ahead as his nation is seeking a drastic reform of the bloc ahead of a referendum on whether to leave.
- Merkel says 'a whole lot left' to do on Greece bailout talks
RIGA, Latvia (AP) — German Chancellor Angela Merkel says after talks with her Greek counterpart Alexis Tsipras that there is still "a whole lot left to be done" to avoid a financial meltdown in Athens.
- Spain: Local election seen as test for new upstart parties
MADRID (AP) — Spain could be set for a political upheaval in key local elections this weekend, with strong signs that voters fed up with economic crisis and corruption scandals may punish both the ruling conservative Popular Party and the leading opposition Socialists.