- Fire at Saudi oil company residence kills 11
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A large fire broke out Sunday in the basement of a sprawling residential complex in Saudi Arabia's oil-rich east, killing at least 11 people and injuring more than 200, officials in the kingdom said.
- When the wells run dry: California neighbors cope in drought
TULARE, Calif. (AP) — Looking for water to flush his toilet, Tino Lozano pointed a garden hose at some buckets on the bare dirt of his yard. It's his daily ritual now, in a community built by refugees from Oklahoma's epic Dust Bowl drought. But only a trickle came out; then a drip, then nothing more.
- Israel has failed to reform Jewish radicals, critics charge
SHIR HADASH OUTPOST, West Bank (AP) — The Israeli government initiative has a soothing biblical name, the Hebrew Shepherd, and a serious aim: to keep ultranationalist Jewish settler youths from turning to violence and attacking Palestinians and their property.
- New boss of Frisch's Big Boy restaurants plans expansion
CINCINNATI (AP) — The new leader of the Frisch's Restaurants chain wants to flex Big Boy's brand muscle with franchise expansion, new restaurant shapes and sizes, menu and beverage additions, and doing more to court younger customers.
- A timeline of Texas' 30 years of school finance legal fights
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A lawsuit challenging how Texas pays for its public schools will soon reach the state Supreme Court — the sixth time since 1984. Here's a look at major milestones in 30-plus years of legal battles:
- Slow-moving school finance case heads to Texas Supreme Court
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Kids who were barely a month into their first year of high school when Texas' latest school finance trial began are now seniors — and there's still no end in sight.
- General Mills sets ambitious goal for greenhouse gas cuts
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. (AP) — General Mills has set an ambitious goal of reducing its greenhouse gas emissions 28 percent by 2025 — not just within its own operations but from farm to fork to landfill.
- Italy's Eni finds 'supergiant' natural gas field off Egypt
ROME (AP) — The Italian energy company Eni SpA announced Sunday it has discovered a "supergiant" natural gas field off Egypt, describing it as the "largest-ever" found in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Vote tally for Iran nuclear deal rises to 31 in Senate
WASHINGTON (AP) — Oregon's Democratic Sen. Jeff Merkley has become the 31st senator to announce support for the Iran nuclear deal, as momentum builds behind the agreement the Obama administration and other world powers negotiated with Tehran.
- Trump's deportation idea similar to 1930s mass removals
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's call for mass deportation of millions of immigrants living in the U.S. illegally, as well as their American-born children, bears similarities to a large-scale removal that many Mexican-American families faced 85 years ago.
- Gunmen attack a southwestern Pakistani airport, killing 2
QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — Gunmen attacked a small airport in restive southwestern Pakistan on Sunday, killing two officials, authorities said.
- Study: Tiny, wireless pacemaker could be surgery-free option
LONDON (AP) — A tiny, wireless pacemaker could offer some heart patients a surgery-free alternative to the traditional devices, a new study says. Some doctors, however, say there are lingering safety questions and warned patients not to rush to get the new technology.
- Schools to open on time in Chinese city shaken by blasts
BEIJING (AP) — More than 300 grade schools in the Chinese neighborhood shaken by this month's deadly blasts will start the fall semester on time, the district government of Binhai in the port city of Tianjin said Sunday.
- Tribunal seals end of failed Volkswagen-Suzuki partnership
BERLIN (AP) — Volkswagen AG and Suzuki Motor Corp. say an arbitration tribunal has formally put an end to a failed alliance between the two companies to develop green cars, and Suzuki will buy back the 19.9 percent stake that Volkswagen held.
- LEADING OFF: Encarnacion's encore, Eovaldi brings heat
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today: