- The Latest: Preds score, Pens lead 3-1 in 2nd of Game 1
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Latest on Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final (all times local):
- NHL's international plan includes China but not Olympics
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The NHL is heading to Asia next season. Just not the Olympics.
- Portland mayor aims to nix free-speech rally, fears 'hatred'
The mayor of Portland, Oregon, on Monday urged U.S. officials and organizers to cancel a "Trump Free Speech Rally" and other similar events, saying they are inappropriate and could be dangerous after two men were stabbed to death on a train as they tried to help a pair of young women targeted by an anti-Muslim tirade.
- Harper, Strickland traded punches, Nationals beat Giants 3-0
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An enraged Bryce Harper charged the mound, fired his helmet and traded punches to the head with San Francisco reliever Hunter Strickland after getting hit by a fastball, setting off a wild brawl Monday during the Washington Nationals' 3-0 win over the Giants.
- Montenegro official prevented from traveling through Moscow
PODGORICA, Montenegro (AP) — Montenegro on Monday strongly protested "inappropriate" conduct by Russian authorities against a senior ruling party leader who was prevented from changing planes at a Moscow airport.
- Dutch court refuses to intervene in AkzoNobel, PPG dispute
AMSTERDAM (AP) — An Amsterdam court on Monday rejected a request by a group of AkzoNobel shareholders to order an extraordinary shareholder meeting to discuss dismissing the paint and coatings company's supervisory board chairman.
- The Latest: Greece orders financial probe of refugee NGO
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — The Latest on Europe's response to the large numbers of migrants and refugees trying to reach the continent (all times local):
- McConnell juggling diverse demands on Republican health bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — For Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, writing a Republican-only health care bill that can pass the Senate boils down to this question: How do you solve a problem like Dean, Lisa, Patrick, Ted, Rand and Susan?
- Mexico says operations resume at key US commercial crossing
MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Mexican government says it has resumed import operations at one of the busiest commercial crossings on the U.S.-Mexico border, just over a week after it was damaged by winds and rain.
- Top Dominican official among 12 detained in bribery scandal
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — A cabinet member and nearly a dozen other people including top-level officials in the Dominican Republic's government were detained Monday in a widening international bribery scandal involving the Brazilian company Odebrecht, authorities said.
- Putin visits France for talks; Macron does not give an inch
VERSAILLES, France (AP) — Flexing his diplomatic muscles, French President Emmanuel Macron said he had "extremely frank, direct" talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, pushing for cooperation on Syria and against the Islamic State group but also launching an extraordinary attack on two state-funded Russian media outlets he accused of spreading "lying propaganda."
- The Latest: Egypt's president ratifies law restricting NGOs
CAIRO (AP) — The Latest on developments in Egypt (all times local):
- Researchers test self-destructing moth pest in cabbage patch
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Researchers in a New York cabbage patch are planning the first release on American soil of insects genetically engineered to die before they can reproduce.
- Greece: Creditors must deliver on promise to lighten debt
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece's finance minister insisted Monday the country had met all its reform commitments, and said it was now up to international creditors to agree on how to make Greece's debt sustainable and help the nation emerge from its financial crisis.
- Egypt announces $2.49 billion package to cope with inflation
CAIRO (AP) — Egypt on Monday announced a $2.49 billion package of income tax discounts, bonuses for state employees, increased pension payments and cash subsidies for lower and middle income Egyptians to cope with soaring inflation.