- Suspect due in court Monday after 9 die in sweltering truck
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Nine people are dead and the death toll could rise after emergency crews pulled dozens of people from a sweltering tractor-trailer found parked outside a Walmart in the midsummer Texas heat, victims of what officials said was an immigrant-smuggling attempt gone wrong.
- The Latest: Taliban claim responsibility for Kabul bombing
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The Latest on the suicide car attack in a western neighborhood of Kabul (all times local):
- Israeli security cabinet: No decision on Jerusalem holy site
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's security Cabinet has reached no decision about the new security measures at a Jerusalem holy site that have set off a wave of violence.
- Brazilians funneled as "slaves" by US church, ex-members say
SPINDALE, N.C. (AP) — When Andre Oliveira answered the call to leave his Word of Faith Fellowship congregation in Brazil to move to the mother church in North Carolina at the age of 18, his passport and money were confiscated by church leaders — for safekeeping, he said he was told.
- 64 years after Korean War, North still digging up bombs
HAMHUNG, North Korea (AP) — In the 10 years he has been digging up ordnance from the Korean War, Maj. Jong Il Hyon has lost five colleagues to explosions. He carries a lighter one gave him before he died. He also bears a scar on his left cheek from a bomb disposal mission gone wrong.
- Spieth takes road less to traveled to British Open
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — The start was not what anyone expected out of Jordan Spieth. All that mattered to him was how he finished the British Open.
- Column: A win by Spieth that will live long in golf lore
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Someday, perhaps very soon, there will be a plaque at Royal Birkdale for Jordan Spieth, much like the one off the 16th hole that celebrates Arnold Palmer and the 6-iron he slashed out of the rough in 1961 to usher in a new era of golf.
- Dodgers lose injured Kershaw, beat Braves 5-4 in 10
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Dodgers are bracing for the worst after Clayton Kershaw's latest back injury.
- Jerry Jones backs Elliott, puts on pre-camp show for Cowboys
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — Jerry Jones interjected some bad-boy anecdotes from his youth, smiled at the thought of life before social media and even asked a couple of questions himself Sunday at his annual training camp opener with reporters .
- Kasey Kahne ends victory drought at marathon Brickyard 400
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Kasey Kahne needed a break Sunday — and got it.