- Giuliani advises no Mueller interview without informant info
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's legal team would advise that he refuse to submit to an interview with special counsel Robert Mueller unless the team can review classified information shared with select lawmakers about the origins of the FBI investigation into Russia's election meddling, Trump's personal lawyer said Sunday.
- Budget battle brews as Trump threatens another shutdown
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has warned Congress that he will never sign another foot-tall, $1 trillion-plus government-wide spending bill like the one he did in March. His message to lawmakers in both parties: Get your act together before the next budget lands on my desk.
- Trump says US team in NKorea planning summit with Kim
President Donald Trump said Sunday a U.S. team was in North Korea to plan a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jon Un, raising expectations that the on-off-on meeting would indeed take place.
- Conservative, leftist appear headed for runoff in Colombia
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — The conservative protege of a powerful former president and a leftist former guerrilla who has galvanized voters with an anti-establishment message appeared headed for what promises to be a polarizing runoff election for president in Colombia.
- Florida panhandle braces for impact as Alberto approaches
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Beaches in Florida were largely empty ahead of Memorial Day as the first named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, Subtropical Storm Alberto, approached the northern Gulf Coast carrying brisk winds and heavy rain.
- Will Power wins Indy 500, No. 17 for car owner Roger Penske
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Will Power hated racing on ovals. He wasn't a fan of Indianapolis Motor Speedway and figured he would never win the Indianapolis 500.
- Danica Patrick ends racing career with crash at Indy 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Danica Patrick trudged out of the infield care center with her head down, mirrored sunglasses covering the disappointment in her eyes.
- NASCAR's hottest driver out of circuit's longest race
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR's hottest driver didn't last 100 laps in the Coca-Cola 600.
- Only took one day to guarantee 1st-time French Open finalist
PARIS (AP) — A year after stunning the tennis world by winning the French Open for her initial tour-level title, Jelena Ostapenko is again in rare company: a first-round loser as the defending champion at a Grand Slam tournament.
- Venus Williams: 2 1st-round Slam exits in row for 1st time
PARIS (AP) — Venus Williams has lost her opening match at two consecutive Grand Slam tournaments for the first time in her illustrious career.