- The Latest: Toronto police report 10th death in van incident
TORONTO (AP) — The latest on the van striking pedestrians in Toronto (all times local):
- Waffle House slaying suspect arrested after massive manhunt
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The mentally unstable gunman suspected of killing four people in a late-night shooting at a Waffle House restaurant was arrested near his apartment Monday after hiding from police for more than a day, authorities said.
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
- Spokesman: George HW Bush hospitalized with blood infection
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized in Houston with an infection, just after attending the funeral of his wife, Barbara, a spokesman said Monday.
- Mistrial declared for border agent charged with killing teen
PHOENIX (AP) — A mistrial was declared Monday in the case of a U.S. Border Patrol agent after an Arizona jury acquitted him of a second-degree murder charge in the killing of a teen from Mexico but deadlocked on lesser counts of manslaughter.
- Davis, Pelicans on path to NBA's next small-market success
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — With every Anthony Davis put-back dunk, reverse alley-oop jam, step-back 3-pointer or game-sealing block in the playoffs, the New Orleans Pelicans take a step closer to becoming the NBA's next small-market success story.
- White Sox RHP Farquhar 'progressing well' after surgery
CHICAGO (AP) — White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar is talking to his doctors and family after surgery over the weekend to address a ruptured aneurysm that occurred during Friday night's game against Houston.
- APNewsBreak: Only Red Sox, Nats on track to pay luxury tax
NEW YORK (AP) — The Boston Red Sox and Washington Nationals are the only teams on track to pay baseball's luxury tax this year, according to opening-day payroll totals compiled by Major League Baseball and obtained by The Associated Press.
- Bucks' Giannis says inability to score lunch not a big deal
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Giannis Antetokounmpo helped the Milwaukee Bucks win a playoff game but couldn't score a table at a Mexican restaurant.
- 4 QBs likely to go high, 6 could be picked in 1st round
Four quarterbacks are certain to go in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night, all of them early.