- Duke University removes statue of Confederate general
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Duke University removed a statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee early Saturday, days after it was vandalized amid a national debate about monuments to the Confederacy.
- Boston, cradle of liberty, braces for spirited protests
BOSTON (AP) — Conservative activists and leftist counterprotesters prepared for a confrontation on Boston Common that could draw thousands a week after a demonstration in Virginia turned deadly.
- Spain, France press manhunt for ringleader in dual attacks
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Authorities in Spain and France pressed the search Saturday for the supposed ringleader of an Islamic extremist cell that carried out vehicle attacks in Barcelona and a seaside resort, as the investigation focused on links among the Moroccan members and the house where they plotted the carnage.
- Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator
PHOENIX (AP) — When President Donald Trump takes the stage this week at a rally in Arizona, the state's junior senator will be nowhere to be seen. But Trump is likely to save some choice words for Sen. Jeff Flake.
- The Latest: Spanish royals visit wounded from van attack
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — The Latest on the Spain attacks (all times local):
- Moreland delivers to help Red Sox beat Yankees 9-6
BOSTON (AP) — Nineteen batters.
- Oy, oy captain! Picking captains can give coaches headaches
As college football season approaches teams all over the country are choosing captains, those hard-working, high-character players who set an example for their teammates to follow through both actions and words.
- Gonzalez returns from DL, Dodgers top Tigers 8-5
DETROIT (AP) — Adrian Gonzalez went on the disabled list in the middle of June, when the Los Angeles Dodgers were just beginning this torrid stretch that has helped them all but wrap up the NL West.
- Fant's injury cast shadow over Seahawks' win over Vikings
SEATTLE (AP) — Just when the Seattle Seahawks were getting settled on its shaky offensive line, it's once again their biggest question with the regular season approaching.
- Seahawks DE Bennett sits again during national anthem
SEATTLE (AP) — Michael Bennett was alone in sitting. He wasn't alone in support from his teammates.