- Zimbabwe asks if new leader, a Mugabe ally, can bring change
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Zimbabwe's incoming leader Emmerson Mnangagwa, widely known as the Crocodile, is seen as a smart, ruthless politician, and many question if he will be able to bring the change the country craves.
- Sound heard in Argentine sub search comes from explosion
MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina (AP) — An apparent explosion occurred near the time and place an Argentine submarine went missing, the country's navy reported Thursday — an ominous development that prompted relatives of the 44 crew members to burst into tears, and some to say they had lost all hope of rescue.
- Barton to go mum over disclosed photo, citing probe
WASHINGTON (AP) — Suggesting he's a victim of revenge porn from a jilted lover, Republican Rep. Joe Barton of Texas says he plans to go silent about the release of a nude photo of him online because police are investigating the disclosure as a possible crime against him. Authorities have not confirmed an investigation.
- Franken's rising political star obscured by accusations
WASHINGTON (AP) — "Many of you have jobs, many of you have families," Sen. Al Franken told Democratic leaders gathered on the eve of a hotly contested governor's election in Virginia. After an expectant pause, he leaned into the microphone and added, "Ignore them."
- Trump credits troops, and himself, for military advances
PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump thanked U.S. troops for their service on Thursday, assuring them "we're really winning" against America's foes as he celebrated Thanksgiving at his private club in Florida and provided lunch for Coast Guard men and women on duty for the holiday.
- Michigan aims to add to rivalry lore by upsetting Ohio State
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Michigan feels overdue to upset Ohio State.
- Playmaking QBs: Hurts, Stidham lead teams into Iron Bowl
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham is effusive about playing in his first Iron Bowl.
- Week 13 preview: Rivalry week and high stakes are everywhere
Wait! Do not throw out the records.
- NHL's Thanksgiving playoffs rule unlikely to fit this season
Erik Gudbranson looks at the standings almost every day.
- No. 5 Villanova beats Tennessee 85-76 in Battle 4 Atlantis
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) — Jalen Brunson scored 25 points to help fifth-ranked Villanova rally from 15 down and beat Tennessee 85-76 in Thursday's semifinals at the Battle 4 Atlantis.