- Q&A: Border officers take key role in enforcing travel ban
SAN DIEGO (AP) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers will be key players in putting President Donald Trump's revised travel ban into effect on Thursday, affecting visitors from six mostly Muslim countries.
- US sets new visa rules for 6 mainly Muslim nations, refugees
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration on Wednesday set new criteria for visa applicants from six mainly Muslim nations and all refugees that require a "close" family or business tie to the United States. The move came after the Supreme Court partially restored President Donald Trump's executive order that was widely criticized as a ban on Muslims.
- Australian police charge Vatican cardinal with sex offenses
SYDNEY (AP) — Australian police charged a top Vatican cardinal on Thursday with multiple counts of "historical" sexual assault offenses, a stunning decision certain to rock the highest levels of the Holy See.
- Selling the GOP health care bill: Does Trump help or hurt?
WASHINGTON (AP) — It was a platform most politicians can only hope for: A captivated, 6,000-person crowd and more than an hour of live, prime-time television coverage to hype the Republican vision for a new health care system.
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
- Safe at home; MLB umpire Tumpane rescues woman on bridge
PITTSBURGH (AP) — John Tumpane can't explain why he approached the woman as she hopped over the railing of the Roberto Clemente Bridge on Wednesday afternoon.
- Rockets acquire Chris Paul from Clippers in 8-player deal
HOUSTON (AP) — Chris Paul is heading to Houston to join James Harden, giving the Rockets two All-Stars in the backcourt to lead their chase for a championship.
- Knicks, Phil Jackson part ways after dismal 3-year run
NEW YORK (AP) — Phil Jackson wanted to trade Carmelo Anthony and wouldn't rule out dealing Kristaps Porzingis.
- Strasburg, Nats bats power past Cubs 8-4
WASHINGTON (AP) — Stephen Strasburg and the Washington Nationals put a perfect finish on another rough day for the sputtering Chicago Cubs.
- Column: Time is ripe to bring sports betting into the open
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Jimmy Vaccaro has been taking bets in this gambling town for more than 40 years, so there's not much he won't put a price on.