- UN Security Council to confer on North Korea nuclear program
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Turning to diplomacy after flexing military muscle, the United States will urge the U.N. Security Council on Friday to increase economic pressure on North Korea over its nuclear weapons program, leaning on China in particular to turn the screws on its wayward ally.
- Trump to address NRA, raise money for key Congress race
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will become the first sitting president to address a National Rifle Association convention in more than 30 years when he speaks Friday at the group's annual meeting.
- Pope Francis in Egyptian capital for historic 2-day visit
CAIRO (AP) — Pope Francis came to Egypt on Friday for a historic visit to the Arab and Muslim-majority nation aimed at presenting a united Christian-Muslim front to repudiate violence committed in God's name.
- Trump won't get House OK of health bill before his 100th day
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump seems destined to serve his 100th day in office without House passage of a major Republican health care bill or enactment of a budget financing the government for the rest of this year. But at least the government probably won't be shut down — for at least another week.
- Violent street gang MS-13 puts Long Island towns in its grip
BRENTWOOD, N.Y. (AP) — Late at night, when helicopters thrum overhead and spotlights beam down onto lawns, many people here know exactly what's going on.
- NFL's wild opening round could yield more surprises on Day 2
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Defense was supposed to dominate in the first round of the NFL draft.
- Slides (Foster), surges (Davis) from 1st round of NFL draft
The first round of the NFL draft had players from Temple and Western Michigan off the board before players from Alabama. And in a draft where none of the quarterbacks looked like locks to be picked in the first round, three were taken in the first 12 picks.
- 2nd-day draft steals? Cook, Lamp could go early; Mixon, too
The last two players to be selected with the first pick of the second round of the NFL draft were New York Giants star safety Landon Collins in 2015 and Cleveland Browns promising pass rusher Emmanuel Ogbah last year.
- Spurs advance: San Antonio beats Grizzlies 103-96 in Game 6
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The San Antonio Spurs wanted no part of playing a seventh game against the Grizzlies, not with the Houston Rockets looming in the next round.
- Tested again, resilient Raptors rest up for Cavs rematch
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The Toronto Raptors keep getting themselves into tough situations in the playoffs.