- Trump defends tax plan, proclaims economy set 'to rock'
WASHINGTON (AP) — Closing in on the first major legislative achievement of his term, President Donald Trump on Saturday defended the Republican tax cut as a good deal for the middle class while boldly suggesting it could lead to explosive economic growth.
- For GOP, tax bill's most visible win may be averting failure
WASHINGTON (AP) — Despite the sheer size and society-spanning impact of the $1.5 trillion tax overhaul, the quickest and most potent political victory that Republicans would savor by pushing the bill through Congress next week may be what it averts: another big GOP legislative crash in the age of Trump.
- A look at some winners and losers under the GOP tax plan
WASHINGTON (AP) — Count President Donald Trump among the personal winners in the $1.5 trillion tax package that congressional Republicans are on the verge of passing. It's not only a political score for Trump but likely a windfall for his real estate empire, too.
- Massive California wildfire triggers new wave of evacuations
MONTECITO, Calif. (AP) — New evacuations were called on Saturday as surging winds drove an enormous wildfire toward a wealthy enclave in the coastal foothills northwest of Los Angeles.
- After Alabama, abortion may be backseat issue in 2018 races
ATLANTA (AP) — Alabama, one of the most conservative states in the country, with one of the most evangelical electorates, is sending an abortion-rights supporter to the U.S. Senate, despite GOP efforts to paint Democrat Doug Jones as an unacceptable extremist on the issue.
- Ex-wife of Lorenzen Wright charged with murder in 2010 death
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The ex-wife of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright has been charged in his slaying, more than seven years after his body was found in a field in his hometown of Memphis.
- Kemp back in LA, Gonzalez out in 5-player deal with Braves
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Matt Kemp is returning to the place where he began his major league career, reacquired by the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday as part of a five-player trade with the Atlanta Braves.
- Lindsey Vonn takes WCup super-G race, 1st win of season
VAL D'ISERE, France (AP) — With her father proudly watching from the bottom of the slope, Lindsey Vonn sped to an emotional win in a World Cup super-G race on Saturday.
- Home run coaching hires hard to make from shallow pool
Making the home run hire seems to be more difficult than ever when it comes to college football coaches.
- Panthers owner under investigation for workplace misconduct
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Carolina Panthers founder and owner Jerry Richardson is under investigation for allegations of workplace misconduct.