- US-backed forces take Syria's largest oil field from IS
BEIRUT (AP) — U.S.-backed fighters captured Syria's largest oil field from the Islamic State group Sunday, marking a major advance against the extremists in an area coveted by pro-government forces.
- Dramatic sentencing hearing expected in Bergdahl case
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The fate of Bowe Bergdahl — the Army sergeant who pleaded guilty to endangering his comrades by leaving his post in 2009 in Afghanistan — now rests in the hands of a judge.
- Tillerson seeks Arab help in US effort to isolate Iran
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson took the Trump administration's case for isolating and containing Iran in the Middle East and beyond to two Gulf Arab nations on Sunday, pushing for Saudi Arabia and Iraq to unite to counter growing Iranian assertiveness. He also called for a quick resolution to the ongoing crisis between Qatar and its Arab neighbors, which he said was unintentionally bolstering Iran.
- McConnell says he's awaiting Trump guidance on health care
STERLING, Va. (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Sunday he's willing to bring bipartisan health care legislation to the floor if President Donald Trump makes clear he supports it.
- Spanish leader moves aggressively to clip Catalonia's wings
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy left the nation breathless when he announced the steps he wants to take to crush the separatist movement in the prosperous Catalonia region.
- Latest from NFL: Dallas kicker Bailey out with groin injury
The Latest from week 7 of the NFL regular season (all times Eastern):
- AP Top 25: Notre Dame cracks top 10; Michigan drops out
Notre Dame cracked the top 10 of The Associated Press college football poll for the first time this season, coming in at No. 9, and Michigan fell out of the rankings for the first time in two years.
- Goff leads Rams to shutout with Cardinals' Palmer injured
LONDON (AP) — Already one of the more dynamic offenses in the NFL, the Los Angeles Rams found a new gear against the Arizona Cardinals.
- Jackson's 2 defensive TDs lead Bears past Panthers 17-3
CHICAGO (AP) — Rookie safety Eddie Jackson turned a painful anniversary into a record-setting afternoon.
- Moore leads Dolphins to 31-28 comeback win over Jets
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Matt Moore replaced an injured Jay Cutler and threw two touchdown passes in the final 12 minutes to lead the Miami Dolphins to a comeback victory, their biggest since last week.