- Judge blocks Trump threat to withhold 'sanctuary city' funds
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A federal judge on Tuesday blocked President Donald Trump's attempt to withhold funding from "sanctuary cities" that do not cooperate with U.S. immigration officials, saying the president has no authority to attach new conditions to federal spending.
- Trump to propose massive tax cuts for businesses
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump plans to propose massive tax cuts for businesses big and small as part of an overhaul that he says will provide the biggest tax cuts in U.S. history.
- No sign probes into Russia, Trump campaign will die down
WASHINGTON (AP) — An FBI investigation and congressional probes into the Trump campaign and contacts with Russia continue to shadow the administration, each new development a focus of White House press briefings and attention on Capitol Hill.
- Internet firms winding up for a fight on 'net neutrality'
NEW YORK (AP) — Internet companies are readying for a showdown with telecoms and a Republican-controlled government over a policy near and dear to their hearts: net neutrality.
- GOP drops US-Mexico wall demands as spending talks advance
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional negotiators on Tuesday inched toward a potential agreement on a catchall spending bill that would deny President Donald Trump's request for immediate funding to construct a wall along the Mexico border. The emerging measure would increase the defense budget and eliminate the threat of a government shutdown on Trump's 100th day in office this Saturday.
- NBA Playoff Capsules
HOUSTON (AP) — James Harden had 34 points and his supporting cast helped Houston overcome a 47-point game by Russell Westbrook to get a 105-99 victory over Oklahoma City on Tuesday night to advance to the Western Conference semifinals.
- Eric Thames bashes his way into Brewers' record book
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Eric Thames is bashing his way into the Milwaukee Brewers' record book.
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire after season
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — It's never easy to be the son of a legend, especially when he is a tough-as-nails hero and the most feared man in his profession.
- Saints, 32-year-old Adrian Peterson agree on 2-year contract
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Adrian Peterson, the NFL's most productive running back for much of the past decade, has decided to head into the twilight of his career as a potential backup in New Orleans' pass-happy offense.
- DEFENSE, DEFENSE: This draft crop is loaded on that side
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — DE-FENSE, DE-FENSE.