- From 'likable enough' to lovefest, Obama to hail Clinton
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — It was long ago and far away when Barack Obama snippily remarked, "You're likable enough, Hillary." It's a lovefest now.
- Bill Clinton tells a love story to make his case for Hillary
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — There have been millions of words, decades of video and reams of commentary devoted to their story. It's been dissected, defended and decried at kitchen tables and on cable news, in tabloids and classrooms.
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
SAGAMIHARA, Japan (AP) — Japanese police on Wednesday searched the home of the suspect in a mass stabbing spree that left 19 people dead at a facility for the mentally disabled.
- France's religious leaders united after church attack
PARIS (AP) — France's main religious leaders have sent a message of unity and solidarity following a meeting with French President Francois Hollande after Islamic State extremists attacked a Catholic church and slit the throat of an elderly priest.
- Witnesses say South Sudan soldiers raped dozens near UN camp
JUBA, South Sudan (AP) — South Sudanese government soldiers raped dozens of ethnic Nuer women and girls last week just outside a United Nations camp where they had sought protection from renewed fighting, and at least two died from their injuries, witnesses and civilian leaders said.
- Federer to miss rest of season, including Olympics, US Open
Roger Federer is sitting out the rest of this season, including the Rio de Janeiro Olympics and U.S. Open, to protect his surgically repaired left knee.
- After the sprinters, Jamaica seeking track and field depth
KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) — The most dominant runner at Jamaica's national track and field championships this summer was not a superstar sprinter like Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake or Veronica Campbell-Brown.
- At least 105 Russian athletes banned so far
MOSCOW (AP) — At least 105 athletes from the 387-strong Russian Olympic team announced last week have been barred from the Rio Games in connection with the country's doping scandal.
- Kevin Durant shines in first game at new home arena
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Oh yeah, Kevin Durant fully planned on putting up the initial shot for the U.S. as he played his first game at Oracle Arena since joining the Golden State Warriors.
- The Latest: UN calls for Olympic Truce during Rio Games
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — The Latest on the Rio Games (all times local to Rio de Janeiro):