- IS group claims responsibility for London car, knife attack
LONDON (AP) — The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for an attack by a man who plowed an SUV into pedestrians on London's Westminster Bridge before stabbing a police officer to death on the grounds of Parliament, and the investigation shifted Thursday to a city in central England long known as an incubator for radicalism.
- The Latest: Italian boxer describes attack on police officer
LONDON (AP) — The latest on the attack outside Britain's Parliament (all times local):
- AP Exclusive: US probes banking of ex-Trump campaign chief
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Treasury Department agents have recently obtained information about offshore financial transactions involving President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, as part of a federal anti-corruption probe into his work in Eastern Europe, The Associated Press has learned.
- GOP still hunting votes on brink of House health care vote
WASHINGTON (AP) — Showdown day at hand, Republicans remained short of votes Thursday for their health care overhaul and were hoping President Donald Trump would close the deal with a bloc of conservatives at a White House meeting that could determine the fate of their showpiece legislation.
- Top Senate Democrat to oppose Trump pick for Supreme Court
WASHINGTON (AP) — The top Democrat in the Senate said Thursday he will oppose the nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to serve on the Supreme Court and encouraged other Democrats to reject President Donald Trump's choice, setting up a showdown with majority Republicans.
- US routs Puerto Rico 8-0 to win WBC behind dominant Stroman
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The eagle has landed on top.
- Tipping Off: Michigan talked Super Bowl on way to Sweet 16
When Michigan was slumping earlier in the season, the coach started thinking Super Bowl, not Final Four.
- Miller and Mack still close after time together at Xavier
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Sean Miller had just been named Xavier's head basketball coach when he began meeting with athletic director Dawn Rogers about filling out his staff.
- Manfred: WBC tournament had major success, has bright future
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Even before the United States took the field to face Puerto Rico for the World Baseball Classic championship on Wednesday night, Rob Manfred was confident in declaring this sometimes troubled tournament to be a smashing success.
- Day heads home as his mother faces lung cancer surgery
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Six holes into his opening match, Jason Day walked off the golf course.