- Van plows into Toronto sidewalk, killing 10 and injuring 15
TORONTO (AP) — A 25-year-old in a rented van plowed down a Toronto sidewalk crowded with lunchtime strollers Monday, killing 10 people and injuring 15 in what appeared to witnesses and the city's police chief as a deliberate attack. The driver was quickly arrested in a tense but brief confrontation with officers a few blocks away.
- Car theft solved too late to prevent Waffle House tragedy
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — After Travis Reinking allegedly stole a BMW from a Nashville area car dealer last week, police say they found it outside the apartment where he lived.
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
- Spokesman: George HW Bush hospitalized with blood infection
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized in Houston with an infection, just after attending the funeral of his wife, Barbara, a spokesman said Monday.
- Mistrial declared for border agent charged with killing teen
PHOENIX (AP) — A mistrial was declared Monday in the case of a U.S. Border Patrol agent after an Arizona jury acquitted him of a second-degree murder charge in the killing of a teen from Mexico but deadlocked on lesser counts of manslaughter.
- Harden, Rockets soar past Wolves 119-100 with 50-point 3rd
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — James Harden gave Houston quite the jump-start with 22 of the team's 50 points in the third quarter, as the Rockets cruised past the Minnesota Timberwolves 119-100 on Monday night to take a 3-1 lead in their first-round playoff series.
- Capitals advance with 6-3 win over Blue Jackets in Game 6
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Alex Ovechkin scored twice and Braden Holtby had 35 saves as the Washington Capitals advanced to the Eastern Conference semifinals with a 6-3 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 6 on Monday night.
- Andersen helps Maple Leafs beat Bruins 3-1 to force Game 7
TORONTO (AP) — Frederik Andersen stopped 32 shots to lead the Toronto Maple Leafs to a 3-1 win over the Boston Bruins on Monday night, forcing a decisive Game 7 in the first-round series.
- Davis, Pelicans on path to NBA's next small-market success
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — With every Anthony Davis put-back dunk, reverse alley-oop jam, step-back 3-pointer or game-sealing block in the playoffs, the New Orleans Pelicans take a step closer to becoming the NBA's next small-market success story.
- White Sox RHP Farquhar 'progressing well' after surgery
CHICAGO (AP) — White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar is talking to his doctors and family after surgery over the weekend to address a ruptured aneurysm that occurred during Friday night's game against Houston.