- City councilman from Alabama shot in robbery in South Africa
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A city council member from Mobile, Alabama, was hospitalized in stable condition Monday after he was shot in the face while traveling in Johannesburg, South Africa, a family representative said.
- 2 dead as Kenyan police attack electoral reform demos
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — At least two people died Monday when Kenya's police shot, beat and tear gassed demonstrators across the country who called for the electoral commission to be dissolved due to allegations of bias and corruption.
- Burkina Faso capital hit by water cuts amid soaring heat
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso (AP) — Water trickles out of the faucet sometimes around 2 a.m. — and by dawn the taps run empty at Dramane Drabo's laundry business. It could be days before any more water returns, he laments.
- South African president gets reprieve over graft allegations
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — South Africa's state prosecutors say they will appeal a court ruling that could have opened the way to corruption charges against President Jacob Zuma.
- UN: Bus crash in Congo kills at least 37 people, injures 22
KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — A United Nations-backed radio station in Congo says at least 37 people have been killed and 22 injured in a bus crash.
Latest Africa Headlines