- Burkina Faso to exhume grave of Thomas Sankara, colleagues
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso (AP) — Burkina Faso is exhuming the graves of thirteen people including revolutionary leader Thomas Sankara, whose death nearly 30 years ago in a coup has remained a mystery.
- Ethiopians vote, ruling party expected to keep grip on power
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) — Ethiopians voted Sunday in national and regional elections in which the ruling party is expected to maintain its iron-clad grip on power.
- Nigerian cell phone provider needs fuel to prevent shut-down
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's leading cell phone provider said Sunday it urgently needs diesel to prevent shutting down services countrywide — the latest business hit by a months-long fuel crisis in Africa's biggest oil producer.
- Thousands attend funeral of killed Burundi opposition figure
BUJUMBURA, Burundi (AP) — Thousands of people in Burundi's capital on Sunday attended the funeral of an opposition leader killed in a drive-by shooting.
- Mali: Rebels capture army soldiers after fighting in north
BAMAKO, Mali (AP) — Separatist rebels in northern Mali said they are holding 19 soldiers from the national army following recent fighting, further aggravating tensions in the region after nearly a month of heightened violence.
Latest Africa Headlines