- Man accused in Boko Haram abduction of Chibok girls arrested
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigerian troops have arrested a businessman accused of "participating actively" in Boko Haram's mass abduction of nearly 300 schoolgirls from the northeastern town of Chibok last year, Nigeria's Defense Ministry said Tuesday.
- Burundians vote in parliamentary elections marred by unrest
BUJUMBURA, Burundi (AP) — Burundians voted Monday in parliamentary elections marked by an opposition boycott and the threat of violence in the capital.
- Nigeria urged to repeal its anti-gay law by rights group
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's draconian law against gays has encouraged mob attacks, police torture, evictions and public whippings, according to a report Monday that urges the country's new president to repeal the legislation.
- Suicide bombings hit Chad's capital, kill 11, witnesses say
N'DJAMENA, Chad (AP) — Two suicide bombings rocked Chad's capital, killing at least 11 people weeks after suicide bombings killed dozens, an official said Monday.
- The Latest: UK to hold moment of silence for Tunisia victims
TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — The latest on the response to last week's beach attack in Tunisia that killed dozens (all times local).
Latest Africa Headlines