- Relatives of Flight 370's missing seek help in Madagascar
ANTANANARIVO, Madagascar (AP) — Relatives of some of the 239 people who were on a Malaysia Airlines plane that vanished in 2014 arrived in Madagascar on Saturday to ask for help in the search for debris from the missing aircraft that may have drifted across the Indian Ocean.
- AP INTERVIEW: Leader promises 'a new Gambia' after upset win
YUNDUM, Gambia (AP) — Gambia's newly elected president on Saturday vowed to free all political prisoners and urged exiles who fled the 22-year reign of Yahya Jammeh to return from abroad and help him reform the tiny West African country.
- Gambia leader's hold on power ends with surprising speed
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — In July 1994, three days after Gambia's first president was toppled by military officers, the local Daily Observer newspaper featured a front-page photo of coup leader Yahya Jammeh under the headline: "We Will Never Introduce Dictatorship In This Country."
- Gambia's president concedes defeat after election loss
BANJUL, Gambia (AP) — Gambia's president of 22 years acknowledged his election defeat on state television Friday night, vowing to step down hours after news of the results prompted thousands to celebrate in the streets in an unprecedented display of disdain for his rule.
- Gambia's longtime president says he will step down after surprise election defeat
BANJUL, Gambia (AP) — Gambia's longtime president says he will step down after surprise election defeat.
Latest Africa Headlines