- 10 suspects linked to Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast attacks
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso (AP) — Authorities say they now have arrested 10 people in connection with attacks in Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast, most of them charged with providing help and shelter to the jihadists.
- At least 15 killed in suicide bomb attacks in north Cameroon
YAOUNDE, Cameroon (AP) — Two suicide bombings carried out by Islamic extremists in northern Cameroon have killed at least 15 people and wounded dozens, authorities said Thursday.
- Plight of African lions persists 1 year after Cecil killing
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Some call it the Cecil the lion effect.
- No Independence Day for South Sudan; it says can't afford it
JUBA, South Sudan (AP) — The world's youngest country has cancelled its Independence Day celebrations, saying what little money it has would be better spent elsewhere as it recovers from a devastating civil war.
- Police: 15 killed as roadside bomb hits minibus in Somalia
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) — A police officer says a roadside bomb has struck a minibus outside Somalia's capital, killing at least 15 people.
Latest Africa Headlines