- The Latest: IOC VP: ruling was 'justice for clean athletes'
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — The Latest from the IOC meeting on Russia's participation at the Rio Games (all times local):
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power, plumbing fears
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — The head of Australia's delegation said Sunday its 700 athletes and staff would not move into rooms at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics for at least two days, citing electrical and plumbing problems in the sprawling Athletes Village less than two weeks before the start of the troubled South American games.
- United States wins UL International Crown
GURNEE, Ill. (AP) — Cristie Kerr held on for a 3-and-2 victory over Melissa Reid on Sunday to give the United States the UL International Crown.
- Australia's Min Woo Lee wins US Junior Amateur
OOLTEWAH, Tenn. (AP) — Australia's Min Woo Lee waited out a 47-minute weather delay to hole the winning 3 1/2-foot birdie putt Saturday in the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship.
- Russian balloonist lands safely in Australia after 11 days
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A cold and exhausted 65-year-old Russian balloonist came back to Earth with a bruising thud in the Australian Outback on Saturday after claiming a new record by flying solo around the world nonstop in 11 days, officials said.
Latest Oceana Headlines