- Global stocks lackluster ahead of revised US growth figures
BEIJING (AP) — Global stocks were lackluster Friday after Japan reported mixed economic data and investors waited for revised U.S. growth figures.
- Australian laws on storing phone, Internet records to change
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A parliamentary committee on Friday recommended a major rewrite of draft laws that would force Australian telcos and Internet providers to store customers' personal data for the convenience of law enforcement agencies. A key recommendation is that the law specifies exactly what personal data is to be retained.
- Fijians get to design new flag as nation ditches Union Jack
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — Fijians will get the opportunity to design a new flag as the country prepares to ditch Britain's Union Jack.
- Asian stock markets lackluster after Wall Street decline
BEIJING (AP) — Asian stocks were lackluster Friday after U.S. markets drifted lower and Japan reported faster growth in factory output but weaker retail sales.
- Global stocks higher on Chinese, German data
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Global stocks were mostly higher Thursday on upbeat corporate earnings and rising Chinese factory output after the chairwoman of the U.S. Federal Reserve said it will be patient about increasing interest rates.
Latest Oceana Headlines