- Race to replace New Zealand leader Key grows to 3
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — The race to replace New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, who stunned the nation by resigning this week, got a little crowded Tuesday with three conservative lawmakers saying they want the top job.
- Russia and China block Syria truce in UN vote
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Russia and China used their veto power in the U.N. Security Council to block a draft resolution on Monday calling for a seven-day humanitarian truce in the besieged Syrian city of Aleppo, leading the U.S. representative to accuse them of issuing a "death sentence" for innocent Syrians.
- The Latest: Russia, China block UN Aleppo truce resolution
BEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on the conflict in Syria (all times local):
- Australia considers charging power generators for pollution
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia will consider making electrical power companies pay for greenhouse gas pollution they create, three years after the government scrapped the national carbon tax, a Cabinet minister said Monday.
- Global shares mixed after Italy rejects constitution changes
BEIJING (AP) — Asian shares tumbled Monday while Europe opened higher after Italian voters rejected constitutional changes, raising questions over whether the country will stay in the European Union and keep using the euro.
Latest Oceana Headlines