- Australian state loses power as strong storm lashes region
SYDNEY (AP) — An entire Australian state lost power as a strong storm lashed the region Wednesday, causing traffic chaos, stranding people in elevators and prompting police to warn residents to stay inside.
- Deutsche Bank relief helps European markets regain footing
LONDON (AP) â European stock markets brushed aside a mixed performance in Asia earlier Wednesday to post solid gains amid some relief over the financial future of Germany's largest bank, Deutsche Bank.
- Asian stock markets turn lower after Wall Street gains
BEIJING (AP) — Major Asian stock markets were lower Wednesday after investors were reassured by trade-friendly Hillary Clinton's performance in a U.S. presidential debate with rival Donald Trump.
- Poll shows Australians back gay marriage but not plebiscite
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A majority of Australians support gay marriage, an opinion poll on Wednesday showed, but they do not back the government's plan to hold a national vote on whether it should be allowed.
- Serena Williams to start 2017 season in Auckland
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — Second-ranked Serena Williams will begin her 2017 season and Australian Open buildup at the ASB Classic in Auckland, New Zealand, organizers confirmed Tuesday.
Latest Oceana Headlines