- Student accused of owing $2.4M after bank error in Australia
SYDNEY (AP) — A Malaysian student has been charged in a Sydney court with dishonesty offenses after a bank accidentally gave her a 4.6 million Australian dollar ($3.4 million) overdraft four years ago.
- Australia state aims to sue author for fake cancer cure diet
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Australian author and blogger Belle Gibson faces a possible government lawsuit after admitting that she lied about beating a normally deadly brain tumor through healthy eating and natural therapies, officials said on Friday.
- Australia welcomes investment in Singapore military training
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Singapore will spend up to 2.25 billion Australian dollars ($1.67 billion) to double the capacity of its military training facilities in northern Australia under a new bilateral deal, Australia's prime minister said Friday.
- 3 share 1st-round lead at Trophee Hassan
RABAT, Morocco (AP) — Francesco Laporta of Italy, Thomas Linard of France and Jason Scrivener of Australia shot a 4-under 68 to share the lead on the first day of the Trophee Hassan II on Thursday.
- Australia says most dangerous Australian IS operative killed
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia's most dangerous known Islamic State movement operative had been killed in a U.S. airstrike in Iraq, the government said Thursday.
Latest Oceana Headlines