- Pacific trade ministers fail to reach deal in Hawaii talks
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) — Trade ministers from a dozen Pacific Rim nations failed to reach a deal on a new trade agreement that would cover nearly 40 percent of the global economy, U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman said Friday.
- Hopes high wing flap will shed light on Flight 370 mystery
SAINT-ANDRE, Reunion (AP) — Under a microscope and expert eyes, the wing fragment that washed up on the beach of this volcanic island could yield clues not just to its path through the Indian Ocean, but also to what happened to the airplane it belonged to.
- WikiLeaks says US spied on Japanese government, companies
TOKYO (AP) — The WikiLeaks website published documents Friday that it said shows the U.S. government spied on Japanese officials and companies.
- China drops, other global markets mixed after US data
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Global stocks were mixed on Friday, with China's stock market extending losses, after data showed the U.S. economy posted solid growth during the second quarter.
- Tracing back debris to find Flight 370 may prove impossible
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — If it's confirmed that a wing fragment found on a remote island in the Indian Ocean is from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, lost more than 500 days ago, could scientists use their knowledge of ocean currents to trace back its path and pinpoint the bulk of the wreck?
Latest Oceana Headlines