- AP sources: Peavy, Giants agree to 2-year deal
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — When Jake Peavy joined the San Francisco Giants midseason, he brought an energy to the mound that added a new dimension to their rotation.
- AP sources: Umpires, MLB reach 5-year agreement
NEW YORK (AP) — Several people familiar with the deal say Major League Baseball and its umpires have reached agreement on a five-year labor contract.
- Padres obtain Middlebrooks from Red Sox
SAN DIEGO (AP) — In yet another move for the retooling Padres, San Diego obtained third baseman Will Middlebrooks from the Boston Red Sox for catcher Ryan Hanigan on Friday night.
- Things to know about Friday's baseball news
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — There was a flurry of news around Major League Baseball on Friday as teams worked to retool before the holiday break. Here are some things to know about all the player moves and other changes:
- APNewsBreak: Dodgers end Yanks' payroll streak, owe most tax
NEW YORK (AP) — The Los Angeles Dodgers have ended the New York Yankees' 15-year streak as Major League Baseball's biggest spenders and owe more than $26.6 million in luxury tax.
Latest Baseball Headlines