- AP source: Beltran reaches deal with Astros, $16M for 1 year
Carlos Beltran is headed back to Houston, hoping his 20th season in the majors could bring him — and the Astros — a most elusive World Series championship.
- Ross, Revere, Asche among 35 new free agents
NEW YORK (AP) — Tyson Ross, an All-Star pitcher for San Diego two years ago, was among 35 players who became free agents when their teams declined to offer them 2017 contracts on Friday.
- Angels' Pujols has foot surgery, could be sidelined 4 months
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles Angels slugger Albert Pujols had surgery on his right foot Friday, possibly sidelining him past opening day.
- APNewsBreak: Union backed out of deal to add 26th player
NEW YORK (AP) — Baseball players and owners had a deal to expand active rosters from 25 to 26 players for most of the season, but the union backed away in the final stages of collective bargaining.
- Volquez finalizes $22 million, 2-year contract with Marlins
MIAMI (AP) — Edinson Volquez admits he was "tired" toward the second half of last season. That attributed to his bloated 5.37 ERA, he said.
Latest Baseball Headlines