- LEADING OFF: Trout trots at Yankee Stadium, NL East stout
A look at what's happening around the majors today:
- Giants' Bumgarner looks sharp, fans 8 in first rehab start
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco Giants left-hander Madison Bumgarner was sharp in his first rehabilitation start since breaking the pinkie on his pitching hand in March, striking out eight while throwing 47 pitches over 3 2/3 hitless innings for Triple-A Sacramento.
- Trout HR, 3 doubles in 1st 5-hit game; Angels top Yanks 11-4
NEW YORK (AP) — Mike Trout homered and doubled three times during his first five-hit game in the majors, and the Los Angeles Angels quickly erased an early deficit in beating the New York Yankees 11-4 on Saturday night.
- Crawford helps Giants beat Cubs 5-4
CHICAGO (AP) — Brandon Crawford hit a two-run homer, Brandon Belt drove in two runs and the San Francisco Giants beat the Chicago Cubs 5-4 on Saturday night to stop a three-game slide.
- Anderson, Santiago lead White Sox past Tigers 8-4
DETROIT (AP) — Tim Anderson is having quite a weekend in Detroit.
Latest Baseball Headlines