- Ankiel says he drank vodka before starts to tame anxiety
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Rick Ankiel says he drank vodka before his first two starts in 2001 to quell anxiety after throwing five wild pitches in one inning during the previous season's playoffs.
- For Werth, 'whole thing kind of hangs' on deal's final year
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Bryce Harper had not yet turned 10 when Jayson Werth made his major league debut, batting ninth and getting a pair of hits.
- At 61, 'late-bloomer' Snitker savors shot as Braves manager
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — Let's face it, Brian Snitker had pretty much given up on his dream.
- Great expectations: Indians eye Series title after '16 run
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — Above the small cactuses and flowering plants dotting the concrete-blocked plaza outside the doorway to Cleveland's training complex is a new sign that serves as both a reminder and motivator.
- Clark: Comments "unprofessional" on Betances arbitration
PHOENIX (AP) — Baseball union chief Tony Clark called the public comments surrounding the salary arbitration hearing involving Yankees reliever Dellin Betances "unprecedented" and "unprofessional."
Latest Baseball Headlines