- Big league baseball's founding documents to be auctioned
LOS ANGELES (AP) — In 1876, a group of owners and team officials gathered at a New York hotel to draft and sign the constitution that created baseball's National League and would ultimately have ramifications far beyond the diamond.
- LEADING OFF: Cano comes off DL; Harvey returns home
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- Greinke whiffs 12 in 8 2/3, Diamondbacks beat White Sox 5-1
PHOENIX (AP) — Zack Greinke was dominant again, looking a lot like the pitcher who went 19-3 with a 1.66 ERA two years ago.
- After manager challenges, umpire changes call without replay
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Nolan Fontana was called safe and then out on the same play by the same umpire — without a replay review.
- Adams hits 2-run HR to power Braves past Pirates, 5-2
ATLANTA (AP) — Matt Adams' first home run with the Braves came down near the right-field restaurant that had been the landing spot for a few of Freddie Freeman's long balls this season.
Latest Baseball Headlines