- AP source: MLB, Japanese, union reach posting deal
NEW YORK (AP) — Major League Baseball, its players' union and the Japanese commissioner's office agreed Tuesday to a new posting system that could allow star pitcher-outfielder Shohei Ohtani to be put up for bid next week, a person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press.
- Braves stripped of 13 prospects, Coppolella banned for life
ATLANTA (AP) — The Braves lost 13 prospects and former general manager John Coppolella was banned for life by Major League Baseball on Tuesday for circumventing international signing rules from 2015-17.
- Yankees OF Judge has shoulder surgery, should be OK by camp
NEW YORK (AP) — After insisting during a summer slump that he was not ailing, Yankees slugger Aaron Judge had arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder.
- Morgan urges voters to keep steroid users out of Hall
Hall of Fame second baseman Joe Morgan is urging voters to keep "known steroid users" out of Cooperstown.
- Hall of Fame ballot newcomers: Jones, Thome, Vizquel
NEW YORK (AP) — Chipper Jones, Jim Thome and Omar Vizquel are among 19 first-time candidates on the Baseball Writers' Association of America ballot for baseball's Hall of Fame.
Latest Baseball Headlines