- Family attorney: Cubs great Ernie Banks died of heart attack
CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Cubs great Ernie Banks died after a heart attack, an attorney representing the Hall of Famer's family said Sunday.
- Hall of Famer Ernie Banks mourned in sports world and beyond
CHICAGO (AP) — To Chicago Cubs fans, Ernie Banks was sunshine that cut through decades of darkness. To baseball players, he was the spirit of the game.
- AP Interview: Selig says MLB could expand internationally
NEW YORK (AP) — Bud Selig began his 8,173rd and final day in charge of baseball by waking up in a Manhattan hotel, having breakfast and working out. After nearly 22 1/2 years that began with unprecedented labor unrest, unfolded with rapid innovation and ended with unparalleled prosperity, he predicted a future filled with more transformation, perhaps with expansion to other countries.
- Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer Ernie Banks dies at 83
Even as the Chicago Cubs lost one game after another, Ernie Banks never lost hope.
- Reaction to the death of Chicago Cubs great Ernie Banks
Reaction to the death Friday night of Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer Ernie Banks:
Latest Baseball Headlines