- LEADING OFF: Matt Harvey makes last spring start for Mets
A look at what's happening around spring training in Florida and Arizona today:
- WAR, FIP, WPA: A look at some of baseball's fancy stats
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The days of batting average, RBIs, wins and ERA telling the whole story ended a while ago. To get the true picture of how baseball players are performing or will perform in the future takes navigating through an alphabet soup of new-age stats and acronyms.
- Orioles and Pirates play to 3-3 tie in 10 innings
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — In a matchup of opening-day pitchers, Baltimore right-hander Chris Tillman allowed two runs over five innings while Pittsburgh lefty Francisco Liriano gave up one run in three innings as the Orioles and Pirates played to a 3-3 tie Wednesday night.
- Rizzo hits 3-run homer as Cubs beat Brewers and Lohse 11-7
MESA, Ariz. (AP) — Anthony Rizzo hit a three-run homer off Kyle Lohse, and Jason Hammel allowed one run in five innings as the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 11-7 Wednesday.
- Ryan hurts calf in Yankees' 3-0 loss to Rays
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — In the first season following Derek Jeter's retirement, the Yankees have concerns about shortstop less than a week before opening day.
Latest Baseball Headlines