- Emotional Celtics drop first 2 games after Hayward's injury
BOSTON (AP) — Celtics fans lined up to sign a banner urging Gordon Hayward to "come back stronger than ever." One player wrote his injured teammate's initials on his shoe. The crowd that bought tickets to see him make his Boston debut chanted his name.
- Blazers hand Suns worst loss ever in season opener, 124-76
PHOENIX (AP) — If the Phoenix Suns were a Broadway show, they'd close for good after opening night.
- Aldridge's double-double leads Spurs by Timberwolves, 107-99
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — LaMarcus Aldridge was unhappy with the Spurs the past two seasons and Gregg Popovich understood why.
- Harden, Houston spoil another opener, win 105-100 at Kings
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Just imagine what these Houston Rockets might look like months from now, when James Harden has a healthy Chris Paul alongside him in the backcourt and Mike D'Antoni's rotations become more consistent.
- Conley, rookie Brooks lead Grizzlies past Pelicans 103-91
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Mike Conley is expected to be a scoring leader for Memphis. Seems like he might get some help from rookie Dillon Brooks.
Latest Pro Basketball Headlines