- Magic sees Lonzo as 1 piece in Lakers' grand rebuilding plan
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) — Magic Johnson pointed a long index finger at the wall of the Los Angeles Lakers' training complex, where the 16-time NBA champions' nine retired numbers hang over the practice court.
- AP Source: Blake Griffin opts out, becomes free agent
Blake Griffin has decided to test free agency, telling the Los Angeles Clippers that he is opting out of the final year of his contract.
- Frustrated fan: McEnroe says Knicks a 'total train wreck'
NEW YORK (AP) — John McEnroe had a ringside seat for the ugliest bout at Madison Square Garden last season.
- NBA draft draws second-largest audience on ESPN
NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA draft averaged more than 3.5 million viewers, the second-biggest audience ever on ESPN.
- Butler trade sets the stage for looming free agency
As draft night approached, some of the heavy hitters in the NBA — Cleveland, San Antonio, Houston, Boston, the Clippers among them — were jockeying, making calls and looking for deals to try to position themselves to make a run at the Golden State juggernaut.
Latest Pro Basketball Headlines