- US economy grew at slightly faster 1.1 percent in Q1
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. economy grew slightly faster at the start of the year than previously estimated, even though consumer spending posted the smallest gain in two years.
- US home prices climb in April; 7 cities set new records
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. home prices scaled new heights in April, with seven cities — including Boston, Charlotte, Portland, Oregon, San Francisco and Seattle— setting record highs.
- Volkswagen settles emissions-cheating cases for $14.7B
DETROIT (AP) — Volkswagen has agreed to settle consumer lawsuits and government allegations that it cheated on emissions tests by taking steps that will cost the company $14.7 billion.
- The Latest: Volkswagen settles claims for $147 billion
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Latest on the settlement of environmental and consumer claims against Volkswagen over its emissions-cheating scandal (all times local):
- World stock markets stabilize as 'Brexit' anxiety eases
HONG KONG (AP) — World stock markets rose on Tuesday after days of stomach-churning losses as investors started shaking off the jitters from Britain's vote to quit the European Union and its messy aftermath.
- The Latest: UK Prime minister wants 'constructive' exit
BRUSSELS (AP) — The Latest on Britain's vote to leave the European Union (all times local):
- UK business in limbo in face of years of Brexit uncertainty
LONDON (AP) — The impact of Britain's vote to leave the European Union was swift and painful for Ed Bussey's small tech firm in London.
- Fiat Chrysler gearshift probe finds 266 crashes, 68 injuries
DETROIT (AP) — A government investigation into confusing gear shifters like the one in the SUV that crushed and killed Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin found 266 crashes that injured 68 people.
- Airport security fix: better training _ for humans and dogs
GLYNCO, Ga. (AP) — Covering their ears, 192 future airport security officers watched from a grandstand as Larry Colburn detonates a plastic-explosives device like the one carried by the underwear bomber in a failed attempt to blow up a plane on Christmas Day 2009.
AP Top Business News