- German economy minister says EU-US trade talks have failed
BERLIN (AP) — Free trade talks between the European Union and the United States have failed, Germany's economy minister said Sunday, citing a lack of progress on any of the major sections of the long-running negotiations.
- UK leader May, Cabinet to chart EU exit at Chequers retreat
LONDON (AP) — British Prime Minister Theresa May is bringing her Cabinet together at her rural retreat to plot Britain's first steps on leaving the European Union.
- Asian stocks lower, except for Tokyo, on Yellen speech
TOKYO (AP) — Most Asian stocks slipped Monday on remarks from the U.S. Federal Reserve late last week that the case has strengthened for raising interest rates, but the Tokyo market was an exception and gained on prospects for a strong dollar.
- 'Don't Breathe' scores, ousts 'Suicide Squad' at box office
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The horror movie "Don't Breathe" has reason to let out a big sigh of relief. Audiences turned out in droves for the late summer thriller, which brought in $26.1 million, according to studio estimates released Sunday.
- EU forum to take stance on Sweden's call for lobster ban
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — An arm of the European Union is expected to weigh in on a request from Sweden to deem American lobsters an invasive species in much of Europe.
- Boston duck boat fails to clear overpass, damages roof
BOSTON (AP) — Part of the roof of a Boston duck boat was torn off after a driver failed to clear a bridge while out on a tour in the city.
- Aviation group in negotiations to buy Wright brothers site
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A group that preserves historically significant aviation sites is trying to buy the Wright brothers' former factory buildings in Ohio.
- 2 United pilots suspected of being drunk arrested in Glasgow
LONDON (AP) — Two United Airlines pilots who have been arrested for suspected intoxication before they were to fly 141 passengers from Scotland to the United States will appear in a Scottish court Monday, police said.
- Pirelli's starry calendar focused on acting talent, not skin
LONDON (AP) — Pirelli has unveiled a star-studded lineup for its 2017 calendar that looks more like the ultimate Oscar red carpet than the stuff of salacious pinups.
- Can Clinton save health overhaul from its mounting problems?
WASHINGTON (AP) — With the hourglass running out for his administration, President Barack Obama's health care law is struggling in many parts of the country. Double-digit premium increases and exits by big-name insurers have caused some to wonder whether "Obamacare" will go down as a failed experiment.
AP Top Business News