- Snapchat debuts recording 'Spectacles,' changes company name
NEW YORK (AP) — Social media app Snapchat is introducing video-recording glasses called Spectacles and is changing its company name to incorporate the new product.
- UPS testing drones for use in its package delivery system
MARBLEHEAD, Mass. (AP) — One of the world's largest package delivery companies is stepping up efforts to integrate drones into its system.
- US guidelines on self-driving cars get good reception at G-7
TOKYO (AP) — U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said Sunday that his counterparts in the Group of Seven nations welcomed U.S. guidelines on regulating self-driving cars and have agreed to work together on creating such standards to maintain safety.
- Stocks move lower as energy, technology stocks fall
NEW YORK (AP) â U.S. stock indexes closed moderately lower on Friday following three days of gains. Several technology stocks traded heavily, including Yahoo, Twitter and Facebook. Energy stocks fell along with a steep decline in the price of oil.
- Study finds 20M would lose health coverage under Trump plan
WASHINGTON (AP) — A new study that examines some major health care proposals from the presidential candidates finds that Donald Trump would cause about 20 million to lose coverage while Hillary Clinton would provide coverage for an additional 9 million people.
- Fed wants to put new limits on banks' commodities activities
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Federal Reserve wants to put new limits on big banks' activities in physical commodities businesses, with an eye to reducing financial risks from volatile trading and transport of sensitive materials.
- Global efforts against ivory traffickers still falling short
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Poaching syndicates shipped large amounts of African elephant ivory last year despite global calls to dismantle the trafficking networks that often collude with corrupt officials, conservationists said as an international wildlife conference opened Saturday in South Africa.
- Striking nurses, Allina Health agree to bargaining session
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Union nurses and Allina Health will return to bargaining for the first time since nearly 5,000 nurses at five Minneapolis-area hospitals went on strike nearly three weeks ago.
- Outsider status, politics shields Trump from House oversight
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's status as a Washington outsider fuels his fiery populism and also is helping to shield him from the scrutiny House Republicans are devoting to Hillary Clinton, a former U.S. senator and secretary of state.
- In Yahoo breach, hackers may seek intelligence, not riches
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — If a foreign government is behind the massive computer attack that compromised a half billion user accounts at Yahoo, as the company says, the breach could be part of a long-term strategy that's aimed at gathering intelligence rather than getting rich.
AP Top Business News