- Why Trump will find it hard to make American economy greater
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's economic plans are nothing if not ambitious: Annual growth of 4 percent — or more. A diminished trade gap. The creation of 25 million jobs over 10 years, including the return of good-paying factory positions.
- Samsung says batteries caused Note 7 fires, delays new phone
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung Electronics says flaws in the design and production of batteries used in its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, not its hardware or software, made it prone to catch fire.
- OPEC, allies says production cuts ahead of schedule
VIENNA (AP) — OPEC and key non-OPEC oil producers are near their target of taking 1.8 million barrels of crude a day off global markets less than two months after agreeing to do so in efforts to push up the price of crude, Russia's energy minister said Sunday.
- McDonald's sales dip in US, underscoring comeback challenges
NEW YORK (AP) — McDonald's is trying stage a comeback, but still has plenty of work to do in its flagship U.S. market.
- Trump moves to pull US out of Pacific-Rim trade deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump moved to pull the United States out of the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact Monday, fulfilling a campaign promise as he began his first full week in office.
- Lawsuit: Trump business ties violate Constitution
NEW YORK (AP) — To fight what it called a "grave threat" to the country, a watchdog group on Monday filed a lawsuit alleging that President Donald Trump is violating the Constitution by allowing his business to accept payments from foreign governments.
- Tillerson heading for confirmation as secretary of state
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's nominee for secretary of state headed for approval in a key Senate committee Monday after Florida Sen. Marco Rubio announced his support, backing off from a challenge to the new president.
- Paris tests electric driverless minibus to fight pollution
PARIS (AP) — In a city hit by chronic pollution and traffic problems, Paris officials are experimenting with a self-driving shuttle linking two train stations in the French capital.
- The Latest: Pentagon holds 1st news briefing under new chief
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump (all times local):
- Shyamalan's 'Split' rules inauguration weekend with $40.2M
NEW YORK (AP) — M. Night Shyamalan's psychological thriller "Split" blew away box-office expectations, earning $40.2 million in ticket sales over inauguration weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday.
AP Top Business News