- Sam Mendes: It's time for a new James Bond director
HAY-ON-WYE, Wales (AP) — Sam Mendes is finished with James Bond.
- Loss, accusations mark a turbulent few days for Johnny Depp
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Johnny Depp seemed the picture of rock star cool as he played guitar onstage in Portugal with his band, the Hollywood Vampires. An ocean away, he is facing serious accusations.
- Here's a story of a lovely lady and Gomer at the Indy 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — They are the names that stamped the Indianapolis 500 as a four-wheeled slice of Americana from the heartland. Rick Mears. A.J. Foyt. The Andrettis. Helio Castroneves.
- DMC: Commissioner should apologize for harsh words about rap
NEW YORK (AP) — Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and hip-hop icon Darryl "DMC" McDaniels says the New York police commissioner's recent comments — where he labeled rappers as thugs following a shooting at a hip-hop concert — is disrespectful and that the commissioner should apologize to rappers like Chuck D, Will Smith and Kendrick Lamar — performers whose songs do not promote violence and negative images.
- Italian theater actor, director Giorgio Albertazzi dies
ROME (AP) — Giorgio Albertazzi, a theater and film actor and director famed especially for playing, well into old age, the emperor's role based on "Memories of Hadrian," died Saturday in his native Tuscany.
- Spain police nab 7 suspects of large Francis Bacon art heist
MADRID (AP) — Seven people suspected of being involved in stealing five paintings by the Irish-born painter Francis Bacon worth more than 25 million euros ($27.8 million) have been arrested, Spanish police said Saturday.
- Sea Shepard founder Paul Watson rams whalers for a living
PARIS (AP) — He's a fugitive on Interpol's Red List and a marine vigilante who's done jail time for extradition requests. Yet to many, he's also a heroic marine conservationist who risks his life and those of his crew to save countless endangered whales, turtles, dolphins and sharks from slaughter.
- Chinese developer Wanda opens theme park to take on Disney
NANCHANG, China (AP) — China's largest private property developer, the Wanda Group, opened an entertainment complex on Saturday that it's positioning as a distinctly homegrown rival to Disney and its $5.5 billion Shanghai theme park opening next month.
- Carlos Vives feels like a kid riding a bike with Shakira
NEW YORK (AP) — Carlos Vives hopes the video for "La bicicleta (The bicycle)" that he and Shakira shot recently in Colombia will reflect how much fun the pair had filming it.
- New York City's storied Four Seasons restaurant relocating
NEW YORK (AP) — A restaurant considered by many to be New York City's original power lunch spot has found a new location.