- Moderator Lester Holt works to keep control of debate
NEW YORK (AP) — NBC's Lester Holt struggled to keep control of the first debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, learning the dangers of fact-checking in the midst of a tense confrontation being viewed by tens of millions of people.
- Miss Universe dubbed 'Miss Piggy' by Trump a topic at debate
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump says it was a "real problem" when the 1996 Miss Universe gained significant weight after winning the pageant he then owned.
- Stage version of 'Frozen' musical changes its director
NEW YORK (AP) — Some changes are coming in the kingdom of Arendelle: Tony Award-winning director Michael Grandage has been officially unveiled to helm the upcoming stage musical "Frozen."
- AP Exclusive: New film academy members talk #OscarsSoWhite
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — The newest members of the film academy say the #OscarsSoWhite crisis inspired them to seek membership.
- AP PHOTOS: Pole dancers face tough routine _ and prejudices
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Pole dancers hoist themselves high, twist their bodies and do the splits upside down as they vie to be the best.
- Iraq inaugurates archaeology museum in oil-rich Basra
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq has inaugurated an archaeology museum in the southern, oil-rich city of Basra, the first museum to be opened in the war-ravaged country in decades.
- Associated Press buys British Movietone film archive
LONDON (AP) — The Associated Press has purchased the film archive of British Movietone, bolstering the news cooperative's collection with historic video from World War II, the Beatles' conquest of America and the romance between King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson.
- Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts separating after 11 years
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts are separating after 11 years together.
- Beyonce and Bieber lead the nominations for MTV EMAs
LONDON (AP) — MTV has announced the contenders for this year's EMAs, with Beyonce and Justin Bieber coming out on top with five nods each for the music awards.
- Marilyn Monroe's dresses, notes, checkbook seen before sale
BEIJING (AP) — Marilyn Monroe's dress from "Some Like It Hot." Handwritten notes and letters expressing the Hollywood icon's inner thoughts and, at times, despair.