- 'Pirates of the Caribbean' tops box office, 'Baywatch' sinks
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It was smooth sailing to the top spot at the box office for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales," but the waters were choppier for the Dwayne Johnson comedy "Baywatch."
- More arrests in Manchester attack; UK remains on high alert
LONDON (AP) — British police made two more arrests and stormed three more locations Sunday as they hunted for suspects in the Manchester bombing, while a government minister said members of attacker Salman Abedi's network may still be at large.
- Cannes Palme d'Or goes to Ruben Ostlund's "The Square"
CANNES, France (AP) — The Cannes Film Festival awarded its coveted Palme d'Or award to Ruben Ostlund's Swedish comedy "The Square" on Sunday, while Sofia Coppola became only the second woman to win the best director award.
- Soderbergh says filming 'Logan Lucky' made him a NASCAR fan
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Steven Soderbergh was never a big NASCAR fan despite growing up in the South.
- Top Brazilian musicians join in calling for a new president
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — To the sound of Brazilian popular music, thousands of protesters took over Copacabana Beach on Sunday to demand a presidential election as pressure mounted on the country's leader to resign amid corruption allegations.
- Modern-day revolution celebrated in Philadelphia street art
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Seeking to appeal to visitors more familiar with the words of "Game of Thrones" heroine Daenarys Targaryen than the writings of James Wilson, Philadelphia museums and historic sites are thinking differently, using creative art exhibitions and adding online components to their offerings.
- Rocker Gregg Allman dies at age 69; sang and lived the blues
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — Gregg Allman, a survivor of tragedy, knew the blues musically and in a painfully personal way.
- Reaction to the death of music legend Gregg Allman
Reaction to the death of Southern rock music legend Gregg Allman at age 69:
- Jet owned by Elvis auctioned after sitting 35 years
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A private jet once owned by Elvis Presley has been auctioned after sitting on a runway in New Mexico for 35 years.
- Barbra Streisand's dog dies, was her companion for 14 years
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Barbra Streisand is mourning the loss of her beloved dog, Sammie.