- The Latest: Aid group fears for migrants at Italy border
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — The Latest on Europe's response to the large numbers of migrants and refugees trying to reach the continent (all times local):
- Macron invites Trump to Bastille Day to honor US WWI troops
PARIS (AP) — French President Emmanuel Macron has invited U.S. President Donald Trump to a Bastille Day celebration next month to celebrate the arrival 100 years ago of the American troops who fought alongside the French during World War I.
- Romania: US soldier critically injured after electric shock
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — U.S. military officials say an American soldier has been hospitalized in Romania in critical condition after suffering an electric shock while working at a railway station near the Hungarian border.
- Amnesty International won't comply with Hungary NGO law
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Amnesty International has joined a boycott of new, mandatory reporting rules for foreign-funded civic groups in Hungary, the group said Tuesday.
- Kissinger: Chaos in the west could give boost to Russia
LONDON (AP) — Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger on Tuesday warned of Russia's simmering alienation from its western neighbors but said he believed that President Vladimir Putin will ultimately work toward cooperative relationships with countries on its borders.
Latest Europe Headlines