- Turkish assembly passes polemic bill to boost Erdogan powers
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey's parliament on Saturday approved a contentious constitutional reform package, paving the way for a referendum on a presidential system that would greatly expand the powers of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office.
- 'Miracle underway': Rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
FARINDOLA, Italy (AP) — After two days huddled in freezing cold, tons of snow surrounding them in the wreckage of the avalanche-demolished hotel, survivors greeted their rescuers Friday as "angels." Among the 10 people pulled out alive was a plucky 6-year-old who just wanted her favorite cookies.
- Rockets hit Istanbul police station and ruling party office
ISTANBUL (AP) — Suspected left-wing militants fired light anti-armor weapons Friday at an Istanbul police station and at the ruling party's local headquarters, officials said. No one was injured in the attacks.
- Champagne corks pop in Moscow at Trump's inauguration
MOSCOW (AP) — Champagne corks popped Friday in Moscow as Russians celebrated the start of Donald Trump's presidency, confident of better relations ahead between the two countries.
- Italian rescuers: 5 people, 4 of them children, extracted alive from avalanche-hit hotel; 5 more being pulled out now
FARINDOLA, Italy (AP) — Italian rescuers: 5 people, 4 of them children, extracted alive from avalanche-hit hotel; 5 more being pulled out now.
Latest Europe Headlines