- Greenpeace spots 3-mile oil slick off Spain's Canary Islands
MADRID (AP) — Greenpeace has called on Spain's government to dedicate more resources to cleaning up an oil spill rising up from a sunken fishing trawler off the Canary Islands after spotting a five-kilometer (3-mile) slick.
- No time to lose: Global response to Nepal quake gears up
LONDON (AP) — There is still time to save lives — that's why governments and aid agencies Sunday rushed doctors, volunteers and equipment to Nepal without waiting for the dust to settle.
- Mustafa Akinci elected leader of breakaway Turkish Cypriots
NICOSIA, Cyprus (AP) — Mustafa Akinci, a veteran politician with a strong track record of reaching out to rival Greek Cypriots, was elected Sunday as leader of the breakaway Turkish Cypriots in ethnically divided Cyprus.
- France detains 3 new suspects in thwarted attack probe
PARIS (AP) — French police have detained three people in an investigation into an alleged plot to attack a church near Paris, authorities said Sunday.
- 3 young women jailed in Russia for twerking next to monument
MOSCOW (AP) — A court in southern Russia has sentenced three young women to brief jail terms for making a video showing them twerking next to a World War II memorial.
Latest Europe Headlines