- Media outlets release tax arrangements made by top players
MADRID (AP) — A group of European media outlets on Friday published what it claims are details of tax arrangements made by several top soccer players and coaches, including Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho and Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil.
- Russian cargo ship runs aground in high winds near Istanbul
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkish media reports say a Russian cargo ship has run aground off Istanbul and rescuers were trying to evacuate its 11 crew members.
- 6 people secured after failed armed robbery in Paris
PARIS (AP) — Paris officials say six people have been found safe inside a travel agency after a failed armed robbery in the southern district of the French capital.
- Clarification: Romania-National Day story
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — In a story Dec. 1, The Associated Press reported that Romania and Transylvania reunified in 1918. Romania and Transylvania unified as a modern state for the first time in 1918.
- Cyprus president: No bad peace deal will be put to a vote
NICOSIA, Cyprus (AP) — Talks aimed at reunifying Cyprus were back on track Friday after the leaders of the ethnically split island ended a two-week stalemate by agreeing to meet next month to tackle the most difficult issues in the way of a peace deal.
Latest Europe Headlines