- German police probe alleged encouragement for fatal jump
BERLIN (AP) — German police say they're investigating allegations that onlookers encouraged a teenage Somali migrant to jump from an apartment block, but officers at the scene heard nothing of the kind and they've yet to find any solid evidence.
- Italy recovers 14 dead on smugglers boats in 2 days
MILAN (AP) — Italian officials say that 14 bodies have been recovered in a two-day period on smugglers' boats packed with migrants making the perilous journey across the Mediterranean.
- 3 dead in Russian apartment explosion
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian emergency officials say three people are dead and 13 others are injured after an explosion in a high-rise apartment building believed to have been caused by gas.
- Banking boss says firms preparing to leave UK before EU exit
LONDON (AP) — The head of the British Bankers' Association has warned that financial firms are planning to start leaving London within weeks because of uncertainty about the U.K.'s exit from the European Union.
- Locker key from the Titanic sells at auction for $104,000
LONDON (AP) — A corroded iron key to a locker on the Titanic has sold at auction for 85,000 pounds ($104,000).
Latest Europe Headlines