- Far-right candidate bedeviled by France's Nazi history
PARIS (AP) — The horrors of the World War II Nazi death camps moved front and center in France's presidential campaign on Friday, nine days before the election, reawakening the anti-Semitic stigma that has clung to the party of far-right candidate Marine Le Pen and that she has spent more than six years trying to erase.
- The Latest: France's Macron would keep up Mideast operations
PARIS (AP) — The Latest on the French presidential election (all times local):
- Montenegro lawmakers back NATO membership in historic move
CETINJE, Montenegro (AP) — Montenegro's parliament on Friday supported the Balkan country's membership in NATO in a historic turn toward the West amid protests by Russia and the pro-Russia opposition.
- The Latest: Macedonia protesters seek new election
SKOPJE, Macedonia (AP) — The Latest on the political crisis in Macedonia (all times local):
- Macedonian violence elicits diverging international response
SKOPJE, Macedonia (AP) — Macedonia's night of violence that saw protesters storm parliament and attack lawmakers elicited diametrically opposed reactions from world powers Friday, with Russia blaming the West for meddling in the Balkan nation's internal affairs and the European Union and United States saying the events were inconsistent with democracy.
Latest Europe Headlines