- Penguins' Malkin skates, progressing for return from injury
WASHINGTON (AP) — Evgeni Malkin skated with his Pittsburgh Penguins teammates for the first time since suffering an apparent leg injury last week.
- Turn it up to 11? Pens, Caps have lots of playoff history
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Sidney Crosby doesn't think the Pittsburgh Penguins have some sort of mystical edge over the Washington Capitals. That all those series and all those years and all that dominance won't mean a thing when the two longtime rivals meet in the playoffs for the 11th time starting Thursday night in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
- Bruins advance with 7-4 win over Maple Leafs in Game 7
BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Bruins didn't need overtime this time, and they didn't even need all four third-period goals to send the Toronto Maple Leafs home for the summer again.
- Three of a grind: Playoff rematches crank up the hatred
When the Washington Capitals faced the New York Islanders in the playoffs five years in a row in the 1980s, players knew everything.
- Bruins score 4 in 3rd to beat Maple Leafs 7-4 in Game 7
BOSTON (AP) — Jake DeBrusk watched the tiebreaking goal go into the net from ice level, sliding into the boards on his backside after he was flattened by Toronto defenseman Jake Gardiner.
Latest Pro Hockey Headlines