- Battling IS, Iraqi Kurdish fighters exposed to mustard gas
IRBIL, Iraq (AP) — Several Iraqi Kurdish troops tested positive for mustard gas after battles this summer with the Islamic State group in northern Iraq, a spokesman for the paramilitary group said Wednesday.
- Italy considering more active anti-Islamic State in Iraq
ROME (AP) — Italy is considering playing a more active role in Iraq combating the Islamic State group but no decision has been made.
- IS claims wave of attacks in Iraq that killed 56 people
BAGHDAD (AP) — The Islamic State group claimed responsibility on Tuesday for a series of attacks that rocked different parts of Iraq and killed at least 56 people the night before.
- Iraq officials: car bombs across Iraq kill 56, wound dozens
BAGHDAD (AP) — A series of car bombings across Iraq Monday killed at least 56 people and wounded dozens as the government continued its efforts to combat extremism across the country.
- Iraqi PM opens Green Zone to all citizens
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq's Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi declared the heavily fortified Green Zone in central Baghdad open to all of his citizens for the first time in 12 years Sunday amid efforts to cut spending and appease citizens who have been protesting for basic public services.
Latest Iraq Headlines