- Amid heavy clashes in Fallujah, fears rise for civilians
CAMP TARIQ, Iraq (AP) — As Iraqi forces pressed an offensive Tuesday to dislodge Islamic State militants from Fallujah, conditions are worsening for tens of thousands of civilians trapped in the city, and a leading aid group raised alarm over an unfolding "human catastrophe."
- Elite Iraqi forces push into Fallujah, expect fierce battle
CAMP TARIQ, Iraq (AP) — Elite Iraqi special forces began their push Monday into Fallujah, expecting to encounter the stiffest resistance yet in the campaign to free territory from the Islamic State group.
- The Latest: Iraqi forces start pushing into IS-held Fallujah
BAGHDAD (AP) — The Latest on developments in Iraq (all times local):
- Iraqi forces complete buildup around IS-held Fallujah
TARIQ CAMP, Iraq (AP) — Iraq's special forces completed a troop buildup around Fallujah on Sunday ahead of an operation to retake the Islamic State-held city west of Baghdad, a military officer said, as the militants attacked a newly-liberated town to the west.
- In Iraq's battle for Fallujah, residents gird for long fight
BAGHDAD (AP) — Five days into an Iraqi military operation to push Islamic State fighters out of Fallujah, residents still inside the city are preparing for a long battle, with some saying they fear being trapped between two forces they don't fully trust.
Latest Iraq Headlines