- Iraq says planned Baghdad wall not change demographics
BAGHDAD (AP) — A spokesman for Iraq's prime minister said Sunday that a security wall is being built around Baghdad but that it is "not politically motivated" or aimed at "achieving demographic change."
- Iraqi Kurds protest against Turkey, 3 police wounded
IRBIL, Iraq (AP) — Protests against Turkey in Iraq's northern Kurdish region have turned violent, with three police officers wounded.
- Syrian refugees struggle to buy food as aid dwindles
KAWERGOSK CAMP, Iraq (AP) — Perwin Shamsaddeen Ali, a Syrian refugee living in a tent camp in northern Iraq, has been reduced to cooking one meal a day for her family of four.
- Iraq building wall, trench around capital
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq said Wednesday it has begun building a wall and a trench around Baghdad in a bid to prevent militant attacks and reduce the large number of checkpoints inside the city.
- Iraq awards contract for repairing major dam
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq on Tuesday awarded an Italian company a contract to overhaul and maintain the Mosul dam in the country's north, days after a U.S. general warned of its possible collapse.
Latest Iraq Headlines