- Bombings, mortar fire kill 8 people in Iraq
BAGHDAD (AP) — A series of bombings and mortar strikes in and near the Iraqi capital killed eight people on Friday as Baghdad police discovered six bodies with gunshot wounds, officials said.
- Envoy: Coalition airstrikes have blunted IS momentum in Iraq
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. envoy for the international coalition fighting the Islamic State militants says thousands of airstrikes have blunted the militants' tactical momentum in Iraq.
- UN chief appoints Jan Kubis as UN's top envoy in Iraq
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has appointed a veteran United Nations diplomat from Slovakia to head the United Nations political mission in Iraq.
- Bombs in Iraq, including twin blasts in busy street, kill 40
BAGHDAD (AP) — A series of bombings in Iraq, including twin blasts in a busy street in a Baghdad suburb, killed at least 40 people and wounded dozens on Tuesday, Iraqi officials said.
- New Zealand to send troops to Iraq to train local forces
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — New Zealand will send a small number of troops to Iraq to help train local forces in their battle against the Islamic State group, Prime Minister John Key announced Tuesday.
Latest Iraq Headlines