- Saudi-led strikes target Yemen's Shiite rebels across Yemen
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Saudi-led airstrikes on Monday targeted Shiite rebels across Yemen, killing at least at least five people in the southern port city of Aden and striking a weapons depot in the rebel-held capital, officials and witnesses said.
- Head of Iran's Guard lashes out over Saudi 'treachery'
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guard on Monday accused Saudi Arabia of treachery against the Islamic world and compared the kingdom to Israel, the official IRNA news agency reported.
- Sudan's al-Bashir re-elected with 94 percent of vote
KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) — Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir won re-election with 94 percent of the vote, according to official results announced Monday, extending his 25-year rule despite international war crimes charges and multiple insurgencies.
- Iraq: Car bombing in Baghdad kills at least 7 civilians
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraqi officials say a car bombing in a busy commercial area in the capital has killed at least seven civilians.
- Syrian insurgents capture military base in northwest
BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic insurgents overran a military base at a former factory in northwestern Syria on Monday, carting off tanks and other weapons in the latest blow to President Bashar Assad's forces in the region, activists said.
Latest Mideast News