- US-backed forces capture Syrian air base from IS
BEIRUT (AP) — U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish forces captured a strategically important air base from Islamic State militants in north Syria on Sunday in the first major victory for the group since the U.S. airlifted the forces behind enemy lines four days ago.
- The Latest: US claims Tabqa dam is not in danger of bursting
BEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on the Syrian conflict (all times local):
- Settler leader: Population growth is end of 2-state solution
JERUSALEM (AP) — The number of Israeli settlers living in the West Bank has soared by nearly one-quarter over the past five years to over 420,000 people, a prominent settler leader said Sunday, presenting new population figures that he said put to rest the internationally backed idea of a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Egypt sentences 56 in migrant boat disaster case to prison
CAIRO (AP) — An Egyptian court sentenced 56 defendants Sunday in the case of a boat carrying migrants that capsized off the coastal city of Rosetta in September, killing more than 200 people.
- OPEC, non-cartel nations may extend oil cut another 6 months
KUWAIT CITY (AP) — OPEC members and non-cartel nations are leaving open the possibility of a six-month extension on a deal to reduce oil production, according to a statement Sunday by a committee of ministers from OPEC and other oil-producing nations.
Latest Mideast News