- Egypt says gunmen kill 8 policemen at desert checkpoint
CAIRO (AP) — The Egyptian Interior Ministry says gunmen have attacked a police checkpoint in the country's desert west, killing eight policemen.
- Syria rebel factions to attend Russia, Turkey-backed talks
BEIRUT (AP) — Representatives of some Syrian rebel groups said Monday they will attend talks sponsored by Russia and Turkey scheduled later this month, despite mounting violations of a cease-fire across the war-ravaged country.
- IS claims responsibility for killing of Jordan army officer
AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — The extremist Islamic State group claimed responsibility Monday for a shooting attack it said killed a Jordanian soldier earlier this month.
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank clashes
JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israeli military says border police shot and killed the "main instigator" of clashes on Monday in which hundreds of Palestinians threw rocks at security forces in the West Bank.
- Bahrain bans paper from publishing online after protests
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Bahraini authorities ordered an independent newspaper to stop publishing online Monday and said a city hall was set ablaze during clashes between opposition protesters and police.
Latest Mideast News