- Unity government proposed for Libya in new peace effort
RABAT, Morocco (AP) — Delegates from rival Libyan factions have proposed a new unity government for the chaotic country, after months of U.N. mediation and the rejection of a previous Cabinet proposal.
- Israel: 5 Palestinians killed while attacking Israelis
JERUSALEM (AP) — Five Palestinians were killed and another critically wounded while attempting to attack Israelis in four separate incidents in the West Bank and Jerusalem on Sunday, according to the Israeli police and military. No Israelis were injured in the attacks.
- Love in the time of militias: Valentine's Day in Iraq
BAGHDAD (AP) — Baghdad is plastered with Valentine hearts and roses, and newly engaged Nour and Ahmed are out and about, enjoying a rare lull in violence in the Iraqi capital but wondering how long it will last.
- UAE sentences 4 to death for Islamic State involvement
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A court in the United Arab Emirates has sentenced four people to death in absentia after finding them guilty of involvement with the Islamic State group.
- Saudi Arabia and allies gather for major military exercises
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia says troops from 20 countries are gathering in the oil-rich nation for large-scale military exercises.
Latest Mideast News