- AP reporter's terrifying trip on 1,000-foot-high glass slide
LOS ANGELES (AP) — I've jumped out of a plane from 13,000 feet. I've ridden 400-foot-tall roller coasters that top speeds of 100 mph, and I once found myself using my fingernails to clutch the side of a rock face way too steep to climb without gear.
- Court bites back, exonerates Michigan TV vet who saved dog
DETROIT (AP) — A Boston terrier named Mr. Pigglesworth is as frisky as ever — and the Michigan veterinarian who saved the dog's life on a reality TV show has been cleared of misconduct.
- Blind dog with oozing sore wins World's Ugliest Dog contest
PETALUMA, Calif. (AP) — A 17-year-old Chinese Crested Chihuahua with legs bowed out like a frog and an oozing sore is the winner of this year's World's Ugliest Dog contest.
- Texas city council votes to oust library cat
WHITE SETTLEMENT, Texas (AP) — A North Texas city council has started a cat fight by voting to oust the furry mascot of the city's public library.
- Wife of nation's lowest-paid governor takes waitressing job
BOOTHBAY HARBOR, Maine (AP) — The waitress bounded with a cup of chowder and a plate of fish and broccoli.
- After ad, dad interviews potential wives for 48-year-old son
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) — The father of a Salt Lake City businessman is setting up interviews for women interested in marrying his 48-year-old son, nearly a week after taking out a newspaper ad announcing the search.
- Eatery has duck on menu and ducklings jumping off its roof
ASBURY PARK, N.J. (AP) — One New Jersey restaurant has duck on its menu and ducklings jumping off its roof.
- 2 charged with racking up $30,000 in unpaid tolls combined
FORT LEE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say they've nabbed two New Jersey residents who have racked up about $30,000 in unpaid tolls combined.
- Stop hanging up on governor, Pennsylvania employees are told
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — The Pennsylvania governor's personal touch doesn't always get him very far.
- Texas woman has foreign accent syndrome after jaw surgery
HOUSTON (AP) — A Houston-area woman's accent sounds completely different since she underwent jaw surgery in December, and doctors say she might have a neurological condition called foreign accent syndrome.