- Large wave washes out Jersey shore town's fireworks display
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — A large wave washed out the Fourth of July fireworks show in a Jersey shore community.
- South Dakota man, 101, competes in National Senior Games
HIGHMORE, S.D. (AP) — A South Dakota centenarian taking part in this year's National Senior Games is playing to win.
- Phoenix firefighters pull man out of chimney
PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix firefighters have rescued a man who became stuck after trying to re-enter a house through the chimney.
- Matt Stonie tops Joey Chestnut in hot dog eating contest
NEW YORK (AP) — Matt Stonie shocked the competitive eating world Saturday by upsetting Joey "Jaws" Chestnut at the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island, thwarting Chestnut's bid for a ninth straight victory.
- Friends trying to hand off rice cooker cause scare at casino
LINCOLN, R.I. (AP) — Police say two friends trying to hand off a rice cooker at a Rhode Island casino caused a brief security scare.
- California couple married 75 years dies in each other's arms
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Jeanette and Alexander Toczko were each 8 years old when they became smitten with one another. They married in 1940 and were rarely apart in the decades since.
- 140 pairs of underwear stolen from store hit by 4 bra heists
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) — First they took the bras. Now they've come back for the panties.
- Denver campaign would allow marijuana use in bars
DENVER (AP) — Beer? Wine? Or weed?
- German authorities seize tank, other WWII weapons in raid
BERLIN (AP) — Authorities seized a 45-ton Panther tank, a flak cannon and multiple other World War II-era military weapons in a raid on a 78-year-old collector's home in northern Germany, prosecutors said Friday.
- New law takes the lie out of Ohio's fireworks 'Liar's Law'
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — Ohio eliminated part of its "Liar's Law" that for years has required residents to make empty promises to take fireworks they bought out of state within 48 hours.