- Chinese gloat over Obama's turkey named Abe _ not Ah-bay
BEIJING (AP) — President Barack Obama's pardoning of a turkey named "Abe" this Thanksgiving has led some Chinese to gloat at the Japanese prime minister's expense.
- 4 people meet for first time after 2 pairs of kidney swaps
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Four people have met for the first time since a pair of kidney swaps at a Connecticut hospital.
- Oldest known seabird is back at Midway Atoll near Hawaii
HONOLULU (AP) — Federal wildlife officials say the world's oldest known seabird has returned to Midway Atoll.
- Police: Man finds skull in front yard of California home
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a man bringing in his trash can from the street found a human skull in the front yard of his home and called police.
- Georgia sheriff revels in 'politically incorrect' sign
HAMILTON, Ga. (AP) — If you don't like a Georgia sheriff's political incorrectness, you can leave his county.
- Woman fined $1,000 for trashing worker's office with glitter
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A former clerk at an Ohio county's fiscal office has been fined $1,000 for trashing a co-worker's office with glitter and purple Silly String.
- Meet John Howland, a lucky Pilgrim _ and maybe your ancestor
BOSTON (AP) — John Howland may not be as famous as William Bradford, John Carver and Myles Standish, notable passengers on the Mayflower that landed in Massachusetts in 1620.
- Homeowners association won't sue man over Christmas lights
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — An Idaho homeowners association has backed down from threats to sue a man whose extreme Christmas light display last year bothered neighbors.
- Inmate kicks out police window, jumps onto Arizona freeway
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities in suburban Phoenix say a handcuffed and shackled inmate was seriously injured after he kicked out a window in a police transport van on a freeway and jumped out of the moving vehicle.
- Woman sought for series of California wedding thefts
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Southern California authorities are looking for a wedding thief who steals wallets, credit cards and other valuables on the couple's happiest day without so much as an "I do."