- After uproar, Utah restaurant statue loses prominent feature
HURRICANE, Utah (AP) — The small southern Utah town of Hurricane might become a little quieter after a statue of a copper bull lost its most prominent private feature this weekend.
- Grandma is a centerfold: Rest home bares all for calendar
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — The stars of a charity calendar are in their 80s and 90s, but that didn't stop the men and women from an assisted living facility in Ohio from showing a little skin.
- Oregon's pink chicken mystery solved; owner explains
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The mystery of Portland's pink chickens is solved.
- Alaska police officers corral grazing miniature horses
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Police officers in Alaska's biggest city became wranglers early Friday morning, rounding up a couple of miniature horses that escaped from their corral.
- Arizona man finds gun inside used golf bag
BULLHEAD CITY, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona man who bought a used golf bag discovered his purchase was packing more than just a set of clubs.
- Mystery of California hilltop piano solved
CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) — For a couple of days this week, a Southern California hilltop was alive with the sound of — mystery.
- Girl, 4, sneaks out, hops bus in search of 3 a.m. slushie
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 4-year-old girl has grabbed her purple raincoat, slipped out of her house at 3 a.m. and hopped a Philadelphia bus in search of a snack.
- Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but what to do?
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Farmers in Oregon's Willamette Valley hate slugs, slimy mollusks that munch their way through crops.
- Authorities: Woman posed as lawyer for decade, named partner
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A woman used forged documents to pose as an estate lawyer for a decade and made partner at her small firm before her fraud was discovered, according to charges announced Friday.
- Seattle police corral goats running through neighborhood
SEATTLE (AP) — Seattle police got their goats, corralling a group of 10 that had managed to get loose from a yard in the city's Beacon Hill neighborhood.