- Emotions raw on witness stand at Will Smith death trial
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Early testimony in the trial of the man who fatally shot retired New Orleans Saints star Will Smith sometimes dealt more with the emotional effects of Smith's slaying than with facts.
- Aaron Hernandez in court for 2012 drive-by shootings
BOSTON (AP) — Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez is set to appear in court in Boston in connection with the shooting deaths of two men in 2012.
- Will Smith's widow: 'He didn't have to do that to my baby'
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The widow of NFL star Will Smith took the stand Tuesday at the murder trial of her husband's killer, disputing the defense claim that Smith was the aggressor and telling the jury, "He didn't have to do that to my baby."
- The Latest: Widow testifies Will Smith wasn't aggressor
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Latest on the second-degree murder trial of Cardell Hayes, who fatally shot former New Orleans Saints star Will Smith during a traffic dispute (all times local):
- Man arrested in ex-NFL player's death; sheriff defends probe
HARVEY, La. (AP) — The Louisiana man who fatally shot ex-NFL player Joe McKnight during a road rage dispute was jailed on a manslaughter charge as a sheriff angrily defended the investigation Tuesday, saying authorities "strategically" waited for days to make the arrest because they needed to find independent witnesses.
Other Sports News