- ESPN laying off 100 broadcasters, writers as viewers dwindle
NEW YORK (AP) — ESPN is laying off about 100 employees, including former athletes-turned-broadcasters Trent Dilfer, Len Elmore and Danny Kanell, in a purge designed to focus the sports network on a more digital future.
- Texas policy allowing wrestler to take testosterone upheld
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A judge has upheld a Texas policy that required a transgender boy taking testosterone to compete in the girls' wrestling tournament, where he won a state title.
- Attorney: Hernandez hinted at suicide weeks before his death
BOSTON (AP) — Aaron Hernandez hinted about suicide weeks before he was found hanging by a bedsheet in prison last week, according to a jailhouse friend who once sought to share a cell with the former NFL star.
- Adviser gets 5 years in prison for defrauding NFL players
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina financial adviser has been sentenced to more than five years in prison for stealing about $3 million from his clients, including at least two pro football players.
- The Temptations bass player Kerry Turman dies after show
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) — Kerry Turman, a longtime bassist for The Temptations, has died after a performance in Missouri. He was 59.
Other Sports News