- Pro racecar driver Scott Tucker charged in payday loan scam
NEW YORK (AP) — Professional racecar driver Scott Tucker was arrested Wednesday on criminal charges accusing him of living the high life on the backs of millions of desperate people who used his payday lending operation to get quick cash over the Internet.
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
LOS ANGELES (AP) — USC athletic director Pat Haden has been taken to his doctor after becoming faint on campus.
- APNewsBreak: Kenya athletes allege doping bribery
EMBU, Kenya (AP) — Two Kenyan athletes serving four-year bans for doping at the 2015 world championships say the chief executive of Athletics Kenya, the country's governing body for track and field, asked them each for a $24,000 bribe to reduce their suspensions.
- Nestle terminates IAAF sponsorship over doping scandal
LONDON (AP) — Food and beverage giant Nestle told the IAAF on Wednesday that it terminated its sponsorship of athletics' governing body over fears the doping scandal could damage the company's image.
- School board: Basketball team can play during hazing probe
LEECHBURG, Pa. (AP) — A western Pennsylvania high school basketball team can play while police investigate alleged hazing-related assaults over the last decade, a school board decided.
Other Sports News