- Defense rests in 1st phase of Boston Marathon bombing trial
BOSTON (AP) — Lawyers for Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev rested their case in his federal death penalty trial Tuesday, a day after they began presenting testimony designed to show his late older brother was the mastermind of the 2013 terror attack.
- Coroner awaits test results of soccer player hit by car
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The coroner's office said Tuesday it will await the results of blood and urine tests before determining what caused the death of a University of California, Berkeley, soccer player who was hit by a car on a Los Angeles freeway.
- University of North Dakota begins campaign to find nickname
GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) — The University of North Dakota is looking for suggestions for a new nickname.
- AP's Run to the Roses: Mubtaahij No. 8; Dortmund still No. 1
A horse owned by a Sheikh, trained by a South African, ridden by a Frenchman and bred by Dunmore Stud in Ireland is headed to the Kentucky Derby. His name: Mubtaahij.
- Patriots owner: Aaron Hernandez told me he was innocent
FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — New England Patriots team owner Robert Kraft testified Tuesday that his former star tight end Aaron Hernandez told him he was innocent when asked if he was involved in a 2013 killing.
Other Sports News