- UConn moves forward with plans for new athletic fields
STORRS, Conn. (AP) â The University of Connecticut's Board of Trustees on Wednesday approved spending $4.75 million to design its "Athletic District," which will include new stadiums for soccer, baseball and softball.
- Transgender wrestler's state bid spotlights Texas policy
EULESS, Texas (AP) — A 17-year-old transgender wrestler who qualified for the girls state tournament while transitioning from female to male has become a high-profile test of a year-old Texas policy now being criticized by the attorney who tried to keep the athlete from competing.
- 'Monster' ex-USA Gymnastics doctor charged with sex assault
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan sports doctor who treated elite female U.S. gymnasts was charged Wednesday with sexually assaulting nine girls, including some too reluctant to speak up about the alleged abuse years ago because he was considered a "god."
- Ice dance champions Davis-White skipping 2018 Olympics
NEW YORK (AP) — Meryl Davis and Charlie White won't be defending their Olympic ice dance gold medal in South Korea. They're confident they are leaving U.S. chances in good hands.
- Patriots coach named as possible witness at Hernandez trial
BOSTON (AP) — New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick (BEHL'-ih-chik) has been added to a list of people who could be called to testify at the double murder trial of former player Aaron Hernandez.
Other Sports News