- AP Was There: Cubs win the 1908 World Series
DETROIT (AP) — The Chicago Cubs often were the team to beat in the National League early in the 20th century, rather than the lovable losers they became in the decades that followed.
- Ohio, Illinois governors place bets over Cubs-Indians series
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The governors of Illinois and Ohio have bet each other cases of beer, pizza and other ballpark favorites ahead of the World Series contest between the Cubs and the Indians.
- NAACP seeks federal probe after noose put on black student
WIGGINS, Miss. (AP) — The president of the Mississippi NAACP is demanding a federal hate crime investigation after the parents of a black high school student said as many as four white students put a noose around their son's neck at school.
- Former Red Sox pitcher joining conservative Breitbart news
NEW YORK (AP) — Former Major League pitcher Curt Schilling is joining the Breitbart News Network as host of the conservative organization's first online radio show.
- Shaquille O'Neal buys into Atlanta Krispy Kreme franchise
ATLANTA (AP) — Shaquille O'Neal may have a new addition to his ever-growing list of nicknames: "The Big Doughnut."
Other Sports News