- Man gets house arrest for trying to extort ex-football star
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — A quadriplegic man who admitted to trying to extort money from former Ohio State star and NFL player Christopher "Beanie" Wells has been sentenced to a year of house arrest after a judge concluded that imprisoning the defendant would be too costly for taxpayers.
- Ryan Lochte nabs new sponsor after Speedo, others dump him
NEW YORK (AP) — Ryan Lochte has a new sponsor — Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops — that says people should give the swimmer "a second chance" after he fell from corporate grace following a drunken incident during the Rio Olympics he tried to pass off as a robbery.
- Brazilian police have charged swimmer Ryan Lochte with filing a false robbery report
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) â Brazilian police have charged swimmer Ryan Lochte with filing a false robbery report.
- Olympic champion Thompson stars as Bolt skips Diamond meet
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — Olympic 100-meter champion Elaine Thompson took center stage in the absence of her Jamaican teammate Usain Bolt in the first Diamond League meet after the Rio de Janeiro Games on Thursday.
- A look at the rape allegations against ex-NFL star Sharper
Former NFL star Darren Sharper is expected to spend at least the next 18 years in prison after he pleaded guilty or no contest to charges that he drugged as many as 16 women with the intention of raping them.
Other Sports News