- Defiant clerk may avoid jail as deputies agree to follow law
ASHLAND, Ky. (AP) — A federal judge ordered a defiant county clerk to jail Thursday for refusing court orders to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, but five of her deputy clerks later agreed to follow the law, setting up possible resolution.
- Trump signs pledge to back GOP's 2016 presidential nominee
WASHINGTON (AP) — Presidential candidate Donald Trump ruled out the prospect of a third-party White House bid Thursday and vowed to support the Republican Party's nominee — whoever it may be.
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
- Image of dead child on beach haunts and frustrates the world
The photo of the dead 3-year-old Syrian boy on a Turkish beach is haunting.
- Father of dead boys: 'All I want is to be with my children'
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — He is one among many, far too many. But the plight of one boy, washed up like a piece of debris on a Turkish beach, has focused the world's attention on a wave of war-and-deprivation-fueled migration unmatched since World War II.
- Judge sides with Brady on 'Deflategate,' NFL appeals
NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Brady learned Thursday he will start the season on the field after a judge lifted the league's four-game suspension of the star quarterback for a scandal over deflated footballs, saying he was treated unfairly by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. The league quickly appealed.
- Latest on US Open: Wawrinka advances in 3 tiebreakers
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- It's not over yet: What's next in the 'Deflategate' mess
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Seven months. At least $3 million spent on lawyers — and probably twice that or more. Reports and responses and arbitration and appeals and even a college class in New England called "Deflategate."
- The Latest: Pats fans celebrate 'Deflategate' judgment
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- American Pharoah to race again in Breeders' Cup Classic
NEW YORK (AP) — A few days of indecision over, Triple Crown winner American Pharoah is back on schedule for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic and a chance for a magical career-ending race.