- More rain a setback for soggy state standing up to flooding
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Heavy rain returned to parts of South Carolina on Saturday as thousands continued digging out and cleaning up from last weekend's deluge that left behind disastrous flooding. Here's a look at developments Saturday in the still-evolving disaster:
- Suicide bombings kill 97 people at Ankara peace rally
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Nearly simultaneous explosions targeted a Turkish peace rally Saturday in Ankara, killing at least 97 people and wounding scores in Turkey's deadliest attack in years — one that threatens to inflame the nation's ethnic tensions.
- Knowing what to do if shooting starts still hazy at colleges
Eight years after the Virginia Tech massacre led to tighter security at colleges across the U.S., some schools make "active shooter" training mandatory for incoming students, while others offer little more than brief online guidance on what to do if there's a gunman on the loose, a review by The Associated Press finds.
- Attorney: Army officer recommends no jail time for Bergdahl
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — An Army officer is recommending that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl face a lower-level court martial and be spared the possibility of jail time for leaving his post in Afghanistan, his lawyer said Saturday.
- The Latest on the Million Man March anniversary: Farrakhan
WASHINGTON (AP) — The latest from the National Mall as thousands of African-Americans from across the country mark the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March, calling for changes in policing and in black communities. All times are local.
- Red River relief for Texas as Longhorns upset No. 10 Sooners
DALLAS (AP) — Tyrone Swoopes threw a touchdown pass and ran for another score as Texas found relief in the Red River rivalry yet again, upsetting No. 10 Oklahoma 24-17 on Saturday.
- No. 1 Ohio State struggles then shakes off Maryland 49-28
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Still unbeaten, still underwhelming. Ohio State didn't do much to quiet the critics who argue it shouldn't be No. 1.
- No. 3 Baylor romps to 66-7 win over Kansas to stay unbeaten
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Seth Russell tossed three touchdown passes, Shock Linwood ran for 135 yards and a score, and third-ranked Baylor romped to a 66-7 victory over woebegone Kansas on Saturday.
- No. 19 Georgia loses star RB Nick Chubb to knee injury
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Georgia running back Nick Chubb has left Saturday's game with Tennessee after injuring his left knee on the first play from scrimmage.
- Presidents Cup finally has some drama, with US up by a point
INCHEON, South Korea (AP) — Whether it was the South African juggernaut of Branden Grace and Louis Oosthuizen, the inspired play of Bae Sang-moon in front of his home crowd or a format change that reduced the number of matches, the Presidents Cup is truly up for grabs for the first time in 10 years.