- Fidel Castro's final resting spot shrouded in mystery
SANTIAGO, Cuba (AP) — About a year ago, trucks full of building materials began arriving at the Santa Ifigenia cemetery in the eastern Cuban city of Santiago. On Saturday, a white cloth was draped over a new structure near the mausoleum for Cuban independence leader Jose Marti.
- Fire tears through Oakland dance party, killing at least 9
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Firefighters struggled to get to bodies in the rubble Saturday after a fire tore through a converted Oakland warehouse during a late-night electronic music party, killing at least 9 people and making the charred structure unsafe for emergency crews to enter. Officials said at least two dozen more were missing in the rubble of the building.
- Rain and sorrow accentuate memorial for dead at Brazil club
CHAPECO, Brazil (AP) — On a rainy Saturday that only accentuated the grief, 20,000 people filled a tiny stadium under umbrellas and plastic ponchos to say goodbye to members of the Chapecoense soccer club who died in a plane crash.
- Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama to avert desertion trial
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the former prisoner of war who's accused of endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan, is asking President Barack Obama to pardon him before leaving office.
- For now, Trump bears signs of a dealmaker, not a policymaker
WASHINGTON (AP) — He phones. He kibitzes. He cajoles. He threatens. He rewards.
- Penn State gives playoff committee something to ponder
The College Football Playoff selection committee was given something to ponder by Penn State.
- Penn State makes playoff case with 38-31 win over Wisconsin
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — As Penn State's band played and Lucas Oil Stadium rocked, thousands of fans clad in their traditional white shirts chanted "We Are Penn State."
- No. 1 Alabama romps past Florida 54-16 in SEC title game
ATLANTA (AP) — This was merely an annoyance for Alabama, a chance to add another trophy to its overflowing cases. The Crimson Tide did just enough things wrong to give Nick Saban something to complain about over the next month, but in the end it was another dominating victory for the nation's top-ranked team.
- Watson, Clemson claim ACC title and await playoff berth
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) â Deshaun Watson's mission is not over.
- No. 11 UCLA upsets top-ranked Kentucky 97-92
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Only briefly did UCLA appear vulnerable against top-ranked Kentucky in its usual charged environment that has made the Wildcats one of the hardest teams to beat at home.