- In political gamble, Trump to make surprising trip to Mexico
EVERETT, Washington (AP) — Donald Trump will make a quick visit to Mexico on Wednesday, meeting with the president of a nation he derided as the home of rapists and criminals. The trip is a politically risky move for the Republican presidential nominee less than 10 weeks before the election.
- Clinton speech to stress American leadership in world
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (AP) — Hillary Clinton plans to address America's leadership in the world during a speech in the battleground state of Ohio, arguing that Republican nominee Donald Trump would undermine the country's greatness while she would maintain it.
- The Latest: Pence says Mexico trip shows Trump is decisive
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- Questions Trump may tackle in anticipated immigration speech
SEATTLE (AP) — After an unexpected visit to Mexico on Wednesday, Donald Trump is set to deliver a much-anticipated speech on immigration in Arizona. He'll do so under pressure to clarify where he stands on the finer points of an issue that's defined his campaign for president.
- Arizona old-guard Republicans advance in primary
PHOENIX (AP) — In a year of political outsiders, two of the most prominent and longest-serving Arizona Republicans bucked the trend and easily beat back primary challenges.
- Metro Phoenix's sheriff wins primary in bid for 7th term
PHOENIX (AP) — The sheriff for metropolitan Phoenix trounced three rivals Tuesday to win his Republican primary in what could be the toughest campaign in his 24 years in office as he faces a storm of legal troubles stemming from his immigration patrols.
- WHY IT MATTERS: The Role of Government
WASHINGTON (AP) — THE ISSUE: It's the Goldilocks conundrum of American politics: Is the federal government too big, too small or just right?
- California farmworkers on edge over historic overtime bill
MENDOTA, Calif. (AP) — Many California farmworkers who make up the backbone of the nation's No. 1 agricultural state were praising historic legislation that brings them closer to receiving the same overtime pay as the rest of the state's workers who are paid by the hour.
- Kerry extends India visit, to join Obama at G-20 in China
NEW DELHI (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is extending his stay in India and will join President Barack Obama in China for the G-20 this weekend.
- After easy win, Rubio has bigger challenge to keep seat
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's presidential aspirations and insistence that he was done with the Senate didn't hurt him with GOP voters. Now it's time to see if the rest of Florida will be as forgiving as he seeks a second term.
AP Top Political News