- Voices from around the world consider Trump's first 100 days
It was the most stunning political victory of the 21st century, one that brought shocked concern in many parts of the world and cheers in others. One uncontroversial certainty was that it would cause reverberations around the globe.
- Gov't shutdown, health bill rescue at stake in Congress
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bipartisan bargainers are making progress toward a budget deal to prevent a partial federal shutdown this weekend, a major hurdle overcome when President Donald Trump signaled he would put off his demand that the measure include money to build his border wall with Mexico.
- Justices revive suit against Indian casino limo driver
WASHINGTON (AP) — A unanimous Supreme Court says that Indian tribes' immunity from lawsuits does not always extend to their employees in incidents that occur far from Indian reservations.
- Ivanka Trump defends father, brushes aside groans in Berlin
BERLIN (AP) — Ivanka Trump brushed aside groans and hisses Tuesday over her father's track record and defended his attitudes toward women as she made her first international outing as a White House adviser.
- Tough court on immigration serves as model for Trump plans
DEL RIO, Texas (AP) — One by one, the Mexican men stood in the jury box, shackles rattling as they fidgeted slightly and pleaded guilty to crossing the U.S. border illegally.
- The Latest: Trump says he hasn't changed position on wall
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Congress and efforts to avert a government shutdown by week's end (all times local):
- Former AG Sally Yates to testify May 8 in Russia probe
WASHINGTON (AP) — Former acting attorney general Sally Yates is scheduled to appear at a congressional hearing next month on Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a Senate committee announced Tuesday.
- Trump to commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day with a speech at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Trump's 100-days promises: Fewer than half carried out
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sure enough, the big trans-Pacific trade deal is toast, climate change action is on the ropes and various regulations from the Obama era have been scrapped. It's also a safe bet President Donald Trump hasn't raced a bicycle since Jan. 20, keeping that vow.
- Study: Trump's hardball tactic on health care may backfire
WASHINGTON (AP) — Going into this week's federal budget battle, the White House toyed with a hardball tactic to force congressional Democrats to negotiate on President Donald Trump's priorities.
AP Top Political News