- In Trump's future looms a familiar shutdown threat
WASHINGTON (AP) — Add a potential government shutdown to embattled President Donald Trump's growing roster of headaches.
- Supreme Court hears case of Mexican teen slain across border
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is taking up an appeal from the parents of a Mexican teenager who was killed by a U.S. Border Patrol agent. The case could help define when foreigners outside the U.S. have access to American courts.
- Kremlin: Trump associates' peace plan for Ukraine 'absurd'
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Kremlin said Monday that the Russian government does not know anything about a Ukraine peace plan crafted by an opposition Ukrainian lawmaker and two of President Donald Trump's associates.
- AP Exclusive: Missing drugs a problem at VA medical centers
WASHINGTON (AP) — Federal authorities are stepping up investigations at Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers due to a sharp increase in opioid theft, missing prescriptions or unauthorized drug use by VA employees since 2009, according to government data obtained by The Associated Press.
- Cases involving alleged drug theft at VA health facilities
Government data obtained by The Associated Press show that incidents of drug loss or theft at federal hospitals have jumped nearly tenfold since 2009 to 2,457 last year, spurred by widespread opioid abuse in the U.S. Federal authorities report that doctors, nurses or pharmacy staff — mostly in the Department of Veterans Affairs health system — had siphoned away controlled substances, while in other cases, drugs intended for patients simply disappeared.
- New York attorney general bids to become Trump's No. 1 enemy
NEW YORK (AP) — More than most, Eric Schneiderman understands the risks of taking on Donald Trump.
- Trump Month Two: Talks on health care and on tax overhaul
WASHINGTON (AP) — As President Donald Trump begins his second month in office, his team is trying to move past the crush of controversies that overtook his first month and make progress on health care and tax overhauls long sought by Republicans.
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's view at odds with events of the week
WASHINGTON (AP) — In the Washington week that wasn't, President Donald Trump's new administration whirred like a "fine-tuned machine," piling on big-league accomplishments at a pace never before seen.
- Trump tweets further criticism of Sweden
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is tweeting further criticism of Sweden's immigration policies.
AP Top Political News