- Move over drones, driverless cars _ unmanned ship up next
SAN DIEGO (AP) — It's not only drones and driverless cars that may become the norm someday — ocean-faring ships might also run without captains or crews.
- In Pacific nation of Palau, Jellyfish Lake losing namesake
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — The big question at Palau's Jellyfish Lake: Where are all the jellyfish?
- Solar plane arrives in Arizona on latest leg of global trip
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — An airplane powered only by sunlight has arrived in a Phoenix suburb after completing the latest leg of its global trip.
- Physicists abuzz about possible new particle as CERN revs up
GENEVA (AP) — Was it a blip, or a breakthrough?
- 230 million-year-old dinosaur footprint found in north Spain
MADRID (AP) — Spain says a footprint of a dinosaur that roamed the area 230 million years ago has been found in northeastern Catalonia, and says it's the best preserved dinosaur print seen so far in the Iberian Peninsula.
- 3 planets orbiting dwarf star prime spots to search for life
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — Astronomers searching for life beyond our solar system may need to look no farther than a little, feeble nearby star.
- Parts of India ban daytime cooking as hundreds die of heat
PATNA, India (AP) — With sizzling temperatures claiming more than 300 lives this month in India, officials said they were banning daytime cooking in some parts of the drought-stricken country in a bid to prevent accidental fires that have killed nearly 80 more people.
- Above-average fire year ahead in Hawaii, Alaska, Southwest
Hawaii, Alaska and the Southwest face an above-average threat of wildfires this summer, but most of the country should see normal or below-normal problems, forecasters said Sunday.
- Japan abandons costly X-ray satellite lost in space
TOKYO (AP) — Japan's space agency has abandoned its efforts to restore the operations of a multimillion-dollar satellite that was to probe the mysteries of black holes using X-ray telescopes.
- The Latest: Solar plane lands in suburban Phoenix
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — The Latest on the flight of a solar-powered airplane from California to Arizona in an attempt to circumnavigate the globe (all times local):
AP Top Science News