- Science groups to Congress: Climate change is real threat
WASHINGTON (AP) — Thirty-one of the country's top science organizations are telling Congress that global warming is a real problem and something needs to be done about it.
- Booster rocket fires in key NASA test for Mars missions
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — NASA's fireworks came early this year with a successful rocket test in Utah.
- Fading fishermen: A historic industry faces a warming world
SEABROOK, N.H. (AP) — The cod isn't just a fish to David Goethel. It's his identity, his ticket to middle-class life, his link to a historic industry.
- Huge helium gas field found in Tanzania said 'game changer'
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — The discovery of a huge helium gas field in East Africa is a "game changer for the future security of society's helium needs" amid a global shortage, researchers in Britain said Tuesday.
- Biden hosting cancer summit to try to accelerate research
WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Joe Biden will try to give efforts to cure cancer a jolt during a summit in Washington that's casting a spotlight on research and innovative trials taking place across the country.
- Coast Guard investigates unknown sheen in Lake Ontario
SCRIBA, N.Y. (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard is investigating an unknown sheen in Lake Ontario.
- China on schedule for launch this year of 2nd space station
BEIJING (AP) — China on Sunday recovered an experimental probe launched aboard a new generation rocket, marking another milestone in its increasingly ambitious space program that envisions a mission to Mars by the end of the decade.
- APNewsBreak: Experts demand more effort to save coral reefs
HONOLULU (AP) — As the largest international gathering of coral reef experts comes to a close, scientists and policy makers are moving ahead with plans for action to save the world's reefs, which are being rapidly damaged.
- Atlas rocket launches for 1st time since March grounding
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — America's Atlas rockets are flying again, successfully launching a communications satellite for the Navy.
- New England cottontail making a comeback in the region
DOVER, N.H. (AP) — From their enclosures at zoos in New York and Rhode Island, the New England cottontail offers a cute distraction for visitors.
AP Top Science News