- At 0-2, Americans understand stakes in World Cup qualifying
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Michael Bradley sees no reason to keep harping on that 4-0 loss at Costa Rica four months ago.
- The next Messi may be training at this youth soccer academy
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Benjamin Palandella dribbles around a bigger boy who comes charging at him and shoots to the goal with shocking force for a 7-year-old player. Nearby, children jump to head a ball tethered on a rope, tip-toe over hoops and dribble around orange cones.
- Leonard, Aldridge help Spurs outlast Timberwolves
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The San Antonio Spurs appeared to be in trouble when Kawhi Leonard had to go to the bench in the fourth quarter after getting poked in his left eye.
- Back to the future: US World Cup veterans reunite with Arena
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — DaMarcus Beasley, Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard were with Bruce Arena the last time the U.S. coach guided the Americans into World Cup qualifying — way back 12 years ago.
- Tim Howard always stayed optimistic he'd be healthy for US
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — As his U.S. teammates trained under cloudy skies on a brisk Bay Area morning, Tim Howard sat stretching on the sideline.
Latest Soccer Headlines