- Rooney, Shearer make pleas amid sex-abuse scandal
LONDON (AP) — Wayne Rooney and Alan Shearer, England captains present and past, have urged soccer players to come forward with allegations of sexual abuse amid the growing scandal in the British game.
- Peru's ex-soccer boss pleads not guilty in FIFA bribe scheme
NEW YORK (AP) — Peru's former soccer boss has pleaded not guilty to U.S. charges accusing him in a multibillion-dollar FIFA bribery scandal involving marketing and broadcasting rights.
- Former Chelsea player says he was paid to keep abuse quiet
LONDON (AP) — A former Chelsea player said he was paid 50,000 pounds ($77,500) by the Premier League club to "keep a lid" on sexual abuse he suffered at the hands of its former chief scout.
- 10 suspects identified in sex-abuse case in British soccer
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Ten suspects have been identified by one of the 17 police forces investigating a sex-abuse scandal in youth soccer that is engulfing the British game.
- Toronto FC outlasts Montreal to reach MLS Cup final
TORONTO (AP) — Benoit Cheyrou and Tosaint Ricketts scored 2 minutes apart in extra time and Toronto FC advanced to the MLS Cup final, outlasting the Montreal Impact 5-2 in the rain Wednesday night for a 7-5 aggregate victory.
Latest Soccer Headlines