- As soccer soars, court docs detail graft in Brazilian sports
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Brazil and superstar Neymar were the first to qualify for next year's World Cup, save for Russia which gets an automatic berth as the host.
- Altidore scores twice, Toronto beats Houston 2-0
TORONTO (AP) — Jozy Altidore scored twice in the first half and Toronto FC cruised to a 2-0 win over Houston on Friday night, adding to the Dynamo's woes away from home.
- Villarreal beats Sporting Gijon 3-1 in Spanish league
MADRID (AP) — Striker Cedric Bakambu scored twice as Villarreal defeated Sporting Gijon 3-1 in the Spanish league on Friday, keeping alive its slim hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.
- FIFA audit official admits bribery in US federal probe
MACOLIN, Switzerland (AP) — The sprawling American investigation of bribery and corruption in international soccer has reached into Asia and claimed the first guilty plea from a senior official in the new FIFA leadership.
- Grueling season taking its toll on injury-hit Man United
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — With Manchester United ravaged by a mix of injury and suspension, coach Jose Mourinho is contemplating an extreme idea as his side looks to navigate two competitions at the end of a grueling season.
Latest Soccer Headlines