- Qatar to set up desert tent camp to house World Cup fans
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — The committee organizing the 2022 World Cup in Qatar plans to try out a "fan village" that could house up to 2,000 soccer spectators in Arabian desert tents.
- Sam Allardyce's England job on the line after paper sting
LONDON (AP) — Sam Allardyce's job as England football manager is on the line after only one game in charge following a series of comments to undercover journalists posing as businessmen.
- Barcelona tries to keep winning form without Messi
MADRID (AP) — Neymar and Luis Suarez will lead the attack again when Barcelona visits Borussia Moenchengladbach in its first Champions League game since losing Lionel Messi to an injury.
- Makeshift bomb explodes on Cypriot referee's car
NICOSIA, Cyprus (AP) — The Cyprus Football Association has condemned a bomb attack against the car of a top referee, calling it a blight on the island's footballing family and society in general.
- FIFA ending racism task force denounced as shameful betrayal
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — FIFA's abolition of its anti-racism task force was denounced as a shameful betrayal on Monday as the governing body went on the defensive to reaffirm its commitment to fighting discrimination.
Latest Soccer Headlines