- Germany, England, Poland stay on course in WCup qualifying
BERLIN (AP) — Germany, England and Poland all took another step toward World Cup qualification but the Netherlands' failure to do the same cost national coach Danny Blind his job on Sunday.
- Defoe scores on return for England in front of ill friend
LONDON (AP) — Jermain Defoe was struggling to contain his emotions even before scoring on his return from England exile in a 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over Lithuania.
- Danny Blind fired as coach of Dutch football team
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — The Dutch football association fired national coach Danny Blind on Sunday, a day after his team's humiliating 2-0 defeat to Bulgaria in a World Cup qualifier in Sofia.
- 2 Russian soccer fans stabbed in Serbia
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Two Russian fans have been hospitalized with serious injuries after being stabbed following a friendly soccer match between Red Star Belgrade and Lokomotiv Moscow.
- McCollum has 32, Blazers beat Timberwolves 112-100
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — CJ McCollum seems to have a knack for playing well against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Latest Soccer Headlines