- Messi to stand trial in Spain on 3 counts of tax fraud
MADRID (AP) — Lionel Messi will stand trial in Spain on three counts of tax fraud and could be sentenced to nearly two years in prison if found guilty.
- The Latest: Sepp Blatter leaves FIFA headquarters
ZURICH (AP) — The Latest from the FIFA investigation (all time local):
- Juergen Klopp arrives in Liverpool to take charge of club
LONDON (AP) — Juergen Klopp arrived in Liverpool on Thursday to take over as manager of the Premier League club, a person familiar with the situation said Thursday.
- Serbian prime minister skips soccer match against Albania
ELBASAN, Albania (AP) — Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic declined an invitation to attend Thursday's qualifier for the European soccer championships in Albania, saying he doesn't want heated fan rivalry to undermine progress made in relations between the two Balkan countries.
- FIFA suspends Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini for 90 days
ZURICH (AP) — Sepp Blatter and UEFA President Michel Platini, the former France great who had been favored to take over as FIFA leader, were both suspended for 90 days Thursday, plunging soccer's governing body deeper into crisis.
Latest Soccer Headlines