- 30 people arrested in renewed soccer violence in Poland
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Thirty people were arrested and five police vans damaged during a second night of violence in Knurow, southern Poland, following the death of a soccer fan hit by a rubber bullet fired by police.
- Chelsea wins Premier League title for 1st time in 5 years
LONDON (AP) — Chelsea won the Premier League with three games to spare with a 1-0 victory over fellow London side Crystal Palace, while Paris Saint-Germain took a step closer to a third straight title with a 2-0 victory at Nantes in the French league.
- 1 man dead, 14 police hurt in football rioting in Poland
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — A man died after being hit by a rubber bullet and 14 police officers were injured in clashes that erupted Saturday during a Polish league football match in the south of the country.
- Brazil still struggling to deal with World Cup stadiums
SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazil spent billions renovating and building World Cup stadiums that were supposed to help modernize and improve local soccer. Almost a year after the tournament ended, the nation is still trying to figure out what to do with them.
- Beckham's influence grows as former soccer star turns 40
PARIS (AP) — David Beckham turns 40 on Saturday and while memories of his playing days with England, Manchester United and Real Madrid fade, he remains a captivating figure of worldwide interest.
Latest Soccer Headlines