- A leader at 23, Draxler mentors inexperienced Germany squad
SOCHI, Russia (AP) — The youngest captain to lead Germany into a tournament in 105 years, Julian Draxler has effortlessly taken on the task of mentoring an inexperienced squad.
- Not-so-shy Messi tying the knot with childhood sweetheart
There is a different side to Lionel Messi, one that not everyone gets to see.
- Germany coach wants clarity on Russia football doping claims
SOCHI, Russia (AP) — Germany football coach Joachim Loew wants more clarity from sports leaders following speculation that doping of Russia's 2014 World Cup squad was covered up.
- FIFA publishes Garcia report on 2018-2022 World Cup bidding
SOCHI, Russia (AP) — After years of intrigue about allegedly corrupt World Cup bidding, FIFA published an investigation report Tuesday that showed how voters exploited the murky system yet allowed Russia and Qatar to host the 2018 and 2022 tournaments.
- FIFA: No improper activity by Qatar but conduct questioned
With the country's vast wealth at its disposal, Qatar spent heavily to convince FIFA to hand the World Cup to the Middle East for the first time.
Latest Soccer Headlines