- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in Copa America
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Carlos Bacca beat goalkeeper Tim Howard by sliding to poke in a headed cross in the 31st minute, and the United States finished fourth in the Copa America with a 1-0 defeat against Colombia on Saturday night.
The U.S. basketball team has its roster for Rio.
- Hurley takes 2-shot lead over Els in Quicken Loans National
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — Billy Hurley III relied on his experience as a Naval officer to stay focused during a bogey-free round in the Quicken Loans National. Only a few times did his mind slip away.
- PGA Tour cancels Greenbrier Classic amid West Virginia flood
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) — The PGA Tour canceled the Greenbrier Classic, scheduled for July 7-10, on Saturday because of devastating flooding in West Virginia.
- Arizona heading to CWS finals after 5-1 win over Cowboys
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The celebration was subdued after Arizona clinched its spot in the College World Series finals. A bunch of players gathered in the outfield grass and tried out some funny dance moves. That was all.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Another year, another final for Lionel Messi and Argentina.
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots, Dumais finishes 4th
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — With one long hug and a few brief words, Troy Dumais asked Kristian Ipsen to carry on the legacy of American diving.
AP Top Sports News