- Will a Heisman longshot prevail for third straight season?
Preseason longshots the past two years have ended up winning the Heisman Trophy.
- Bye, bye Bortles? Jaguars open up quarterback competition
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Blake Bortles may have started his last game in Jacksonville.
- Chris Long supports Malcolm Jenkins during anthem protest
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Chris Long, the Philadelphia defensive end who grew up in Charlottesville, Virginia, put his arm around teammate Malcolm Jenkins as a show of unity during the national anthem before the Eagles' exhibition game Thursday night against Buffalo.
- Red Sox owner wants to rename Yawkey Way for David Ortiz
BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Red Sox will ask the city to rename Yawkey Way, the street alongside Fenway Park, to change what owner John Henry called a haunting reminder of the ballclub's history of racial intolerance.
- Mazara homers, drives in 5 as Rangers top White Sox 9-8
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Nomar Mazara keeps driving in runs, and it's helping the Texas Rangers climb in the AL wild-card race.
- Zimmerman's homer lifts Nationals to 2-1 win vs Padres
SAN DIEGO (AP) — With 33-year-old Edwin Jackson mostly frustrating the San Diego Padres for seven innings, Ryan Zimmerman and the rest of the Washington Nationals figured out a way to win on just four hits.
- Can JT Barrett pass better for Ohio State in 2017?
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Can Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett become a better passer?
- Gun charge against NFL linebacker Khaseem Greene is dropped
ELIZABETH, N.J. (AP) — A gun charge against an NFL linebacker has been dropped because the man who said he gave him a weapon admitted he lied, the player's attorney said.
- Oakland Raiders cornerback Sean Smith faces assault charge
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Oakland Raiders cornerback Sean Smith has been charged with beating his sister's boyfriend last month, Los Angeles prosecutors said Thursday.
- Hopkins is first female baseball scout in more than 50 years
SEATTLE (AP) — Nearly two years ago, Amanda Hopkins' phone rang. It was a call she dreamt of receiving, one that broke barriers and made her a part of baseball history.
AP Top Sports News