- Rose ceremony: Cavs sign Derrick Rose to 1-year contract
CLEVELAND (AP) — Derrick Rose's goal is to win an NBA championship. He's a little closer to one.
- Ledecky breezes to 3rd worlds gold, brash King wins again
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Katie Ledecky breezed to her third gold medal of the world championships, backing off a bit on her most grueling night of the meet.
- Brain disease seen in most football players in large report
CHICAGO (AP) — Research on 202 former football players found evidence of a brain disease linked to repeated head blows in nearly all of them, from athletes in the National Football League, college and even high school.
- Broncos bring back Gary Kubiak in scouting role
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Gary Kubiak's separation from the NFL is over.
- Bruce Arena blends intense demands with humor to lead US
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Bruce Arena bites his fingernails religiously, a habit he has had since age 10.
- PepsiCo deal shows companies not shying away from Redskins
WASHINGTON (AP) — On the eve of training camp, the Redskins announced they'd moved on from one of their longest relationships.
- Mike Brown defends Bengals' decision to keep Pacman Jones
CINCINNATI (AP) — Bengals owner Mike Brown is defending his decision to keep cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones despite another arrest, saying he's been "punished enough" for his latest troubles.
- Stephen Curry, Warriors finalize $201 million, 5-year deal
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Stephen Curry has delivered his share of success already to a franchise that desperately needed it. Now, he's being paid for all he has done — and certainly will do.
- Panthers' Olsen: Holding out 'wasn't the right thing to do'
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Panthers star tight end Greg Olsen chose team over himself.
- Earnhardt defends crew chief Ives in shaky final season
DOVER, Del. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. has long reigned as NASCAR's most popular driver. But he thinks too many of his fans have started airing in 140-character bursts a most unpopular opinion — that crew chief Greg Ives should take the blame for the No. 88's struggles this season.
AP Top Sports News