- Goodell: NFL not changing its national anthem policy
NEW YORK (AP) — In the face of fan unrest and accusations from the president about the league being unpatriotic, the NFL is not changing its national anthem policy to require players to stand.
- Hayward from hospital: 'It hurts me that I can't be there'
BOSTON (AP) — Celtics forward Gordon Hayward sent a video message from his hospital bed before the team's home opener, telling Boston fans: "It hurts me that I can't be there."
- Joe Theismann on Gordon Hayward's injury: 'It sickens me'
WASHINGTON (AP) — Former NFL quarterback Joe Theismann saw Boston Celtics forward Gordon Hayward's broken left ankle and immediately felt a kind of empathy few could.
- Brady thinks Patriots' offense has room to grow
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Tom Brady's expectations for himself have been high from the moment he made his first NFL start back in 2001.
- Louisville trustees fire athletic director Tom Jurich
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Tom Jurich was loyal to the coaches he hired at Louisville almost to a fault, supporting them through good and bad times during 20 years as the Cardinals athletic director.
- Gymnast McKayla Maroney alleges sexual abuse by team doctor
Two-time Olympic medalist McKayla Maroney says she was molested for years by a former USA Gymnastics team doctor, abuse she said started in her early teens and continued for the rest of her competitive career.
- Jerry Sandusky denied new trial on child sex abuse charges
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Jerry Sandusky lost a bid Wednesday for a new trial and a second chance to convince a jury he is innocent of the child sexual abuse charges that landed him in state prison to serve a lengthy sentence.
- NFL will stage draft in Dallas next April
NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL draft is headed for Dallas.
- Road teams above .500, AFC West dominating KC now at Oakland
No longer unbeaten, Kansas City now must concentrate on remaining atop the AFC West and, if the Chiefs can manage it, in front of the rest of the conference pack.
- FANTASY PLAYS: Week 7 players to start or sit
With two teams on bye this week, you figured setting your fantasy football lineup would be easy.
AP Top Sports News