- Russell Westbrook wins NBA MVP; Rockets, Bucks take 2 awards
NEW YORK (AP) — Russell Westbrook was voted NBA MVP on Monday night after setting a record with 42 triple-doubles last season.
- The Latest: Westbrook caps historic season with MVP award
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the NBA awards show (all times local):
- Baylor confirms NCAA investigation after sex abuse scandal
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The NCAA is conducting an "ongoing, pending investigation" into Baylor University in the wake of a sexual assault scandal that led to the firing of football coach Art Briles and the departure of the school president, the school's lawyers confirmed in a federal court filing.
- Cubs hold on after Nationals rally for 4 in 9th, win 5-4
WASHINGTON (AP) — Wade Davis struck out big league batting leader Ryan Zimmerman with runners on second and third to blunt Washington's ninth-inning rally, and the Chicago Cubs held off the Nationals 5-4 Monday night.
- Sale gets 9 Ks, Moreland hits HR as Red Sox beat Twins 4-1
BOSTON (AP) — The way Chris Sale and the Boston relievers were pitching, the Red Sox didn't need to score a lot.
- Singer's 12 Ks help Gators beat LSU 4-3 in CWS finals opener
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Florida got a dominant performance from Brady Singer, a big defensive play when LSU was threatening and just enough offense.
- Selanne, Kariya headline Hockey Hall of Fame class of 2017
Paul Kariya always felt as if he knew where Teemu Selanne was on the ice when they had spectacular chemistry together as teammates.
- Down 7 and missing Francona, Indians rally to top Texas 15-9
CLEVELAND (AP) — Francisco Lindor, Lonnie Chisenhall and Carlos Santana each had three RBIs to help the Cleveland Indians rally from a seven-run deficit and beat the Texas Rangers 15-9 on Monday night after manager Terry Francona left the game because he wasn't feeling well.
- Serena Williams has no interest in John McEnroe's take
Serena Williams has no interest in John McEnroe's thoughts on what would happen if she tried to play on the men's tennis tour.
- Column: Dale Jr. farewell tour begins, but it isn't goodbye
SONOMA, Calif. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. had just completed a satisfying sixth-place finish at Sonoma Raceway when he was stopped by the Fox Sports cameras in what might have been his final post-race interview with the network.
AP Top Sports News