- The Latest: Bears take Georgia LB Smith so shore up defense
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Latest on the NFL draft (all times local):
- Top gun: Browns select QB Baker Mayfield No. 1 in NFL draft
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — The Cleveland Browns believe all Baker Mayfield has in common with Johnny Manziel are height and a Heisman.
- Giants pass on QB, take running back Saquon Barkley at No. 2
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The New York Giants passed on an heir apparent to two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning and took a running back that many think is the best to come out of college in decade.
- Jets draft USC quarterback Sam Darnold with No. 3 pick
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The cool, calm and confident kid from Southern California is going from Hollywood to the Big Apple.
- NBA says referees missed LeBron goaltending call in Game 5
CLEVELAND (AP) — The NBA said LeBron James' block in the closing seconds of Game 5 on Indiana's Victor Oladipo should have been called goaltending.
- Stephen Curry back in full practice mode for Warriors
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Stephen Curry resumed full practice with contact and could play for the defending champion Golden State Warriors as soon as Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals Saturday night against New Orleans.
- Trump threatens countries who don't back US World Cup bid
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. President Donald Trump is threatening to withhold support from nations who don't back the joint bid by the United States, Canada and Mexico to host the 2026 World Cup.
- LEADING OFF: Bogaerts expected back by Boston; Miller to DL
A look at what's happening around the majors Friday:
- Ball brothers, slowed by injuries, leaving Lithuanian club
LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball are leaving their Lithuania team by mutual agreement.
- Reavie-Glover, Zhang-Dou share Zurich Classic lead
AVONDALE, La. (AP) — Chez Reavie had quite a few good moments at TPC Louisiana on Thursday. So did teammate Lucas Glover.
AP Top Sports News