- Roger Goodell upholds Tom Brady's 4-game suspension
NEW YORK (AP) — The commissioner pointed to concealed evidence. The team described it as a folly. And the agent added sham to the lexicon of "Deflategate."
- If USOC finds a new city, Boston debacle could be forgotten
Embarrassing as the debacle in Boston may have been, chances are it will be nothing more than a distant memory when the vote for the 2024 Olympics finally rolls around.
- Nationals land Papelbon in trade, fall to Marlins 4-1
MIAMI (AP) — The Washington Nationals have a new closer, landing All-Star Jonathan Papelbon from the Philadelphia Phillies.
- 'Dr. Jen' embraces breakthrough role with Arizona Cardinals
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Jen Welter accepts the title of trailblazer, embraces the chance to be a role model for girls and, perhaps most of all, can't wait to get beyond the hype and on to work when the Arizona Cardinals open training camp this weekend.
- Brady's future actions could lead to Patriots limbo
This isn't over. Not by a long shot.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test
NEW YORK (AP) — Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Chiefs' Berry cleared to return after lymphoma treatments
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — Chiefs safety Eric Berry is returning to the practice field, less than eight months after a stunning cancer diagnosis threatened to derail his Pro Bowl career.
- LeMahieu helps Rockies win 1st game after Tulowitzki trade
CHICAGO (AP) — Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss expected his team would rebound less than 24 hours after taking a tough loss and trading away their star shortstop.
- CA independent teams to have computer call balls and strikes
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) — No blaming or booing the umpire for a questionable called third strike this week in a Northern California independent league.
- Chiefs Pro Bowl DT Dontari Poe out after back surgery
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — The Kansas City Chiefs are facing a potentially devastating loss on defense, even though training camp doesn't begin for veterans until this weekend.
AP Top Sports News