- The Latest: Willett hears it from the American crowd
CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — The Latest on the Ryder Cup (all times local):
- Browns coach Jackson says team 'moved on' from Josh Gordon
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — The Browns have personal compassion for Josh Gordon. They're done with him professionally.
- Americans sweep Europe to start Ryder Cup
CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — The Americans played Friday morning as if maybe they are the best team ever assembled.
- California governor OKs sex crime bill tied to Stanford case
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California Gov. Jerry Brown said Friday that he signed two bills that emerged amid national outrage over the six-month jail sentence given to a former Stanford University swimmer who sexually assaulted a woman passed out near a trash bin.
- Forgotten Watson? Clemson's QB lost in Jackson hype
CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) — No. 3 Louisville and quarterback Lamar Jackson have done the improbable — turned Clemson passer Deshaun Watson into an afterthought this weekend.
- Kings prepare to open state-of-the-art downtown arena
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — After years of searching for a new home, the Sacramento Kings are set to open a new venue that raises the bar of what an arena can be.
- A-Rod starts new role as minor league instructor in Tampa
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Alex Rodriguez is back on the field for the New York Yankees in his new role as an instructor.
- Clemson-Louisville highlights trio of top 10 matchups
The fifth week of the college football season offers arguably the best lineup of games since the opening weekend. With so many top 10 teams facing each other, this week could provide some clues on which teams have legitimate College Football Playoff aspirations.
- Outcast to back on top: Petrino has Louisville ranked No. 3
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Bobby Petrino was simply too good at what he does best to remain a college football outcast for long.
- After modernizing Pac-12, can Scott keep it competitive?
Larry Scott hits the first half of Stanford's game against Southern California before bouncing over to Berkeley for game two of his Saturday doubleheader.
AP Top Sports News