- Odor hits game-ending homer for Rangers in 8-7 win over M's
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Rougned Odor quickly atoned for his baserunning blunders with a big blast for the Texas Rangers.
- As anthem controversy simmers, Kaepernick prepares to play
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Colin Kaepernick will get one more chance to impress coach Chip Kelly before the San Francisco 49ers announce their starting quarterback even as the debate surrounding Kaepernick's refusal to stand for the national anthem remains heated.
- Vikings: QB Bridgewater has dislocated knee, torn ACL
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is expected to miss at least the next season while recovering from a dislocated left knee and torn anterior cruciate ligament after a freak practice injury on Tuesday.
- Lawsuit pending, Bouchard out at US Open; Serena, Venus win
NEW YORK (AP) — Eugenie Bouchard wrung her hands at her post-match news conference. She rubbed her lower lip. She squeezed her left arm.
- Djokovic gets rematch vs Vesely in US Open 2nd round
NEW YORK (AP) — The victory came on clay, and it came 4 1/2 months ago.
- The Latest: Husband of 2015 champ calls Open worst Slam
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Hendricks lowers ERA to 2.09 as Cubs top Pirates 3-0
CHICAGO (AP) — Kyle Hendricks began the season as the Cubs' No. 5 starter. He's on pace to finish it as the major league's ERA leader and — if manager Joe Maddon has his way — potentially with an even bigger trophy.
- Determined to chase dream, Tebow shows power in MLB workout
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tim Tebow crushed a batting-practice fastball with a confident left-handed swing, sending it into the trees next to the scoreboard beyond right field.
- Here he goes again: Witten says Cowboys can win without Romo
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Jason Witten stood in the posh locker room at the new practice facility for the Dallas Cowboys, addressing a topic that came up frequently at musty old Valley Ranch — as recently as last year.
- Solo decides to end her season with NWSL's Seattle Reign
Goalkeeper Hope Solo has decided to end her season with the Seattle Reign of the National Women's Soccer League.
AP Top Sports News