- Lakers hire Warriors assistant Luke Walton as head coach
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Luke Walton is coming home to rebuild the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Blazers advance 4-2 with 106-103 victory over the Clippers
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Even as they huddled after the victory that sent them through to the next round, the Portland Trail Blazers were drawing inspiration from the doubters.
- Conley pulled in 8th with no-hit bid, Miami hangs on
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Miami Marlins manager Don Mattingly said it was an easy decision to pull Adam Conley after 116 pitches despite the lefty having not allowed a hit for 7 2/3 innings.
- LBs Jack, Jaylon Smith go early in 2nd round of NFL draft
CHICAGO (AP) — It was a long wait and a soft landing for Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith.
- Column: Cowboys gamble on a bad knee instead of a bad actor
If you had a nickel for every time someone in the front office of a pro sports team said "We're not running a charity here," you'd barely have enough to cover the cost of a "Happy Meal."
- Joel Ward leads Sharks past Predators 5-2 in Game 1
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Since early in his career in Nashville, the playoffs have brought out the best in Joel Ward. So it shouldn't have come as any surprise to the Predators that Ward delivered in the third period in his first postseason game against his former team.
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys have ruled out re-signing Greg Hardy
IRVING, Texas (AP) — Greg Hardy won't return for a second season with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Dwyane Wade hadn't made a 3-point shot since December, enduring a streak of 22 consecutive misses.
- Penguins and Capitals expect Crosby to respond in Game 2
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — Step it up, Sidney Crosby. The Pittsburgh Penguins can't win this playoff series without you.
- Tunsil tries to tamp down furor regarding his draft freefall
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Laremy Tunsil kept repeating the same answer to questions about his freefall in the NFL draft, the social media hacking that cost him millions and the investigation he stirred at Ole Miss.
AP Top Sports News