- Device was buried but airport's blizzard measurement was OK
28 Apr. 20161:09 PM ET
A weather observer at Reagan National Airport lost a snow-measuring device during the January blizzard but still accurately recorded a snowfall total that was lower than in nearby Washington, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday.
- Latest on storms: 3 tornados in Illinois; no major damage
27 Apr. 201610:34 PM ET
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — The Latest on severe weather in the central and eastern U.S. (all times local):
- Tornado outbreak, 5 years later: Piecing lives back together
27 Apr. 201611:57 AM ET
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — On April 27, 2011, a series of tornadoes killed hundreds of people, injured thousands and reduced countless buildings to rubble across a swath of the U.S.
- Storms bring hail, strong winds, small tornadoes to Plains
27 Apr. 20161:14 AM ET
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Thunderstorms bearing hail as big as grapefruit and winds approaching hurricane strength lashed portions of the Great Plains on Tuesday, but arrived without the destructive tornadoes that many had worried about for days.
- The Latest: Forecasters say tornadoes still possible Tuesday
26 Apr. 20168:07 PM ET
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Latest on severe weather in the central and eastern U.S. (all times local):
Severe Weather News