- Study: Biggest tornado outbreaks are spawning more twisters
1 Dec. 20162:31 PM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) â The most extreme tornado outbreaks are mysteriously spawning many more twisters than they did decades ago, a new study claimed.
- The Latest: Officials: At least 4 tornadoes hit Mississippi
30 Nov. 20167:06 PM ET
The Latest on severe storms that moved across the South (all times local):
- NOAA: Hurricane Hunter planes move from Tampa to Lakeland
30 Nov. 20164:27 PM ET
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) — The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says its famed Hurricane Hunter aircraft are moving from MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa to Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, about 30 miles east of its current location.
- Possible tornado kills 3 in Alabama as storms cross South
30 Nov. 20167:56 AM ET
A possible tornado swept through an area in northeast Alabama, killing three in a mobile home and injuring others as severe storms moved across the South overnight, authorities said.
- Odd pattern brings rare November tornadoes to Iowa, Nebraska
29 Nov. 20165:51 PM ET
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Meteorologists say warmer weather has brought unusual November weather to the central Midwest: tornadoes.
Severe Weather News