- Solar-powered airplane lands in Pennsylvania
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A solar-powered airplane has landed in Pennsylvania, about 17 hours after it took off from the Ohio hometown of America aviation pioneers Wilbur and Orville Wright.
- Whale-finding phone app grows in use, steering mariners away
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — With summer whale watching season fast approaching, conservation advocates and government agencies who want to protect whales say a mobile app designed to help mariners steer clear of the animals is helping keep them alive.
- In Gawker fight, Hogan may have billionaire in his corner
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Is Hulk Hogan's courtroom cage match with Gawker being bankrolled by a high-tech billionaire with a grudge against the news-and-gossip site?
- Bio on billionaire Thiel, reportedly funding Hulk Hogan suit
Here's some biographical information on billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel, who has been secretly funding Hulk Hogan's lawsuit against Gawker Media, according to published reports:
- US probes e-commerce giant Alibaba's accounting practices
WASHINGTON (AP) — Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba wowed investors when it went public in the U.S. in September 2014, and its profits have bucked Wall Street expectations amid the Chinese economy's slowdown. Yet its unorthodox business structure has raised eyebrows, it's been suspended from an anti-counterfeiting group, and now U.S. regulators are investigating its accounting practices.
- Microsoft's Windows 10 push comes to shove for some users
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Microsoft really, REALLY wants you to upgrade to Windows 10.
- US defense secretary calls for faster technology development
NEWPORT, R.I. (AP) — U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said on Wednesday that a naval facility in Rhode Island is doing what the entire Defense Department should do: develop technology more quickly.
- 6 road-trip apps to make the miles fly by
TEXARKANA, Ark. (AP) — Hitting the road this summer? Forget Yelp and those hotel booking apps — they're useful, but boring. Instead, pack along these apps to liven things up along the way. You might even learn something.
- Microsoft cuts more jobs in troubled mobile unit
NEW YORK (AP) — Microsoft said Wednesday it will cut up to 1,850 jobs and take a $950 million hit to its books as it attempts to salvage its rocky entrance into the smartphone market.
- The Latest: Congressional Dems play down Clinton report
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the State Department audit that faulted Hillary Clinton's email practices and cybersecurity (all times local):
AP Top Technology News