- Records: City lawyers weak link in police accountability
CHICAGO (AP) — When a federal judge concluded that a lawyer employed by the city of Chicago concealed audio evidence in a civil trial, the court issued a sharp rebuke, saying the recordings showed police lied about the events that led officers to shoot and kill a black motorist.
- Shooting at Arizona courthouse claims 2 women
HOLBROOK, Ariz. (AP) — Two women were killed and suspect was taken into custody Tuesday evening following a shooting outside a courthouse in eastern Arizona, authorities said.
- The Latest: Wildfire spreads near Northern California river
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on wildfires burning in the West (all times local):
- 911 calls capture moments surrounding daughters' shootings
FULSHEAR, Texas (AP) — Authorities on Tuesday released 911 calls that capture the panic in the home of a Houston-area mother before she killed her two daughters, as well as in the home of a neighbor after the shootings.
- Crews fighting blaze at train collision site with 3 missing
DALLAS (AP) — Three crew members were missing and one was hurt after a head-on train collision in the Texas Panhandle that caused several box cars to erupt in flames and led authorities to evacuate residents in the area.
- Voters to decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California voters will decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana after Secretary of State Alex Padilla said Tuesday that initiative proponents turned in more than enough signatures to place the question on the November ballot.
- Sanders says he'll try to block Senate GMO bill
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Vermont U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders says he'll try to block Senate consideration of a bill that would require nationwide labeling of food with genetically modified products, but with a less stringent labeling requirement than the one included in Vermont's law.
- Hamilton's ties to Albany highlighted in tours, exhibit
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Long before his life story became the toast of the Great White Way, Alexander Hamilton was a hit in Albany.
- Feds: WWII plane had engine damage during fatal Hudson crash
NEW YORK (AP) — Federal investigators say an engine cylinder was damaged on a vintage World War II plane that crashed last month into the Hudson River between New York and New Jersey, killing its pilot.
- Brother of pastor competent to stand trial in his slaying
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man charged with fatally shooting his pastor brother in a church office as Sunday services were ending has been found mentally competent to stand trial.
AP Top US News