- The Latest: Planned Parenthood shooting suspect due in court
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — The latest on the shooting at a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic (all times local):
- Officer killed in Colorado was co-pastor, figure skater
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Faith led Garrett Swasey to a career in public service and pastoral care, and duty led him to a Planned Parenthood clinic where he was gunned down.
- High stakes for Baltimore as Freddie Gray trials begin
BALTIMORE (AP) — In Baltimore, this year can be divided into two parts: what came before Freddie Gray died and what happened afterward.
- Bus overturns: 1 seriously hurt, dozens of minor injuries
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A charter bus carrying college students to three Virginia campuses overturned, leaving one person seriously injured and 35 others aboard with minor injuries near the close of the holiday weekend.
- Giving and getting grief: For the rich, increasingly common
To give is to gain a heap of grief if you're a mega-rich donor these days.
- Kevorkian archive opens as physician-assisted deaths rise
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Just days before she died with Dr. Jack Kevorkian's assistance, Merian Frederick could not speak or hold up her head without help from her daughter, Carol Poenisch.
- 60 years after boycott, using Montgomery bus can be trying
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Two blocks from the spot where Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white passenger in 1955, 17-year-old Tanesha Wilson listens to earbuds as she waits for the No. 8.
- NYC's novel salt warning rule set to take effect at chains
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City begins a new era in nutritional warnings this week, when chain restaurants will have to start putting a special symbol on highly salty dishes.
- HIV-positive doctor says his dog saved his life
CHICAGO (AP) — Rob Garofalo was devastated. He'd built his medical and research career on helping young AIDS patients. Then he learned that he, too, was HIV-positive. The news came after he'd already survived kidney cancer and a breakup with his longtime partner.
- '12 Days of Christmas' items top $34K, up 0.6 percent
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Lords a-leaping is the U.S. economy slow to recover!
AP Top US News