- Openly gay rock singer changing tune on Mormon religion
April 30, 201610:07 PM ET
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Two years after coming out as gay and praising the Mormon church for offering support, the lead singer of a popular rock band is denouncing his faith in his latest music video.
- Strahan-Ripa breakup isn't TV's first botched transition
April 30, 201611:35 AM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — "Live with Kelly and Michael" host Kelly Ripa emerged from her brief "strike" this past week on stronger footing, having extracted an apology from Walt Disney Co. officials for giving her little advanced word that her co-host Michael Strahan was leaving for "Good Morning America."
- President Obama celebrates jazz at the White House
April 30, 20161:16 AM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are celebrating International Jazz Day a day early with a concert at the White House.
- Leicester soccer team was 5,000-1 longshot, now eyes title
April 30, 201611:22 AM ET
LONDON (AP) — Bettors looking for a wager with a fancifully high payoff last summer could have gone into their local betting shop in England and risked a bit of cash on the proposition that Elvis Presley would be found alive and well.
- Cowabunga! Ninja Turtles are official NYC ambassadors
April 30, 201611:49 AM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — Cowabunga, dudes! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are New York City's official family ambassadors for 2016.
- Sweden celebrates king's 70th with ABBA's 'Dancing Queen'
April 30, 20161:45 PM ET
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Royals from around the world flew in, loyal Swedes lined the streets of Stockholm and the sounds of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" rang out from an army band on Saturday as Sweden celebrated King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th birthday.
- Bangkok ferris wheel catches fire, but no injuries reported
April 30, 20166:57 AM ET
BANGKOK (AP) — The ferris wheel at a newly opened dinosaur theme park in Bangkok caught fire on Saturday, but the park said no one was on it at the time, and no injuries were reported.
- Boom! Queen & Harry answer Obamas' Invictus Games challenge
April 29, 20163:43 PM ET
LONDON (AP) — It helps to have friends in high places when you're promoting an athletic event.
- Oculus Rift delays flatten virtual-reality fan fervor
April 29, 20165:46 PM ET
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Virtual reality, oddly enough, isn't immune to the problems that arise in practical reality. Just ask would-be fans of the Oculus Rift headset, many — possibly most — of whom are still waiting for their $600 gadgets more than four weeks after they started shipping .
- Jazz Fest: Stevie Wonder, Snoop Dog acts canceled by rain
April 30, 20167:37 PM ET
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Thunderstorms forced the cancellation of Saturday's late acts at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, including scheduled appearances by Stevie Wonder, rapper Snoop Dogg, Beck and others.