- Mets pitcher Jenrry Mejia 1st to draw lifetime drug ban
February 12, 20166:43 PM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia became the first player to receive a lifetime ban under Major League Baseball's drug agreement after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the third time.
- FIFA ethics committee bans Jerome Valcke for 12 years
February 12, 20162:00 PM ET
GENEVA (AP) — Jerome Valcke, Sepp Blatter's long-time right-hand man, was banned from all soccer-related activity for 12 years Friday for misconduct during his term as FIFA secretary general.
- Bosh out of NBA All-Star Game due to calf injury
February 12, 20165:55 PM ET
TORONTO (AP) — Chris Bosh's All-Star participation for this year is over, before he ever took the floor in the city where his career began.
- The Latest: US beats World 157-154 in Rising Stars Challenge
February 12, 201611:03 PM ET
TORONTO (AP) — The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- It's Kobe's world, at least for 1 more All-Star weekend
February 12, 20166:03 PM ET
TORONTO (AP) — Kobe Bryant answered questions in Spanish and Italian, raved about Canadian hospitality, showed off knowledge of both Greek basketball and English soccer. He announced plans to go to the Philippines and Taiwan, thanked fans from Japan and even asked a reporter how to say a phrase in Mandarin.
- Kang flirts with 59 and doesn't even know it
February 12, 20167:35 PM ET
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Sung Kang didn't know anything about his amateur partner until he went on the Internet and looked up actor Ray Romano. He didn't realize the par at Monterey Peninsula was 71 until he scrambled for par on his final hole and realized while signing his card Friday that he set the course record with a career-low 60.
- Pearson's overtime goal powers Kings to 5-4 win over Rangers
February 12, 201611:26 PM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — The Los Angeles Kings often work overtime. And it's paying off for them in a big way.
- Bach: 'No intention' by any countries to pull out
February 12, 20169:11 AM ET
LILLEHAMMER, Norway (AP) — IOC President Thomas Bach said Friday that no countries intend to pull out of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro over concerns about the Zika virus.
- Brewers trade OF Khris Davis to Athletics for 2 prospects
February 12, 201611:48 PM ET
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The Milwaukee Brewers have traded power-hitting outfielder Khris Davis to the Oakland Athletics for a pair of prospects.
- Closer Aroldis Chapman agrees with Yankees at $11,325,000
February 12, 20167:07 PM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — Closer Aroldis Chapman and the New York Yankees agreed Friday to a one-year contract worth $11,325,000, avoiding salary arbitration.