- Syrian army tells rebels in eastern Aleppo: leave or die
December 4, 20164:53 AM ET
ALEPPO, Syria (AP) — Syria's army says it is offering rebel fighters in besieged eastern Aleppo an opportunity to leave the city with their lives.
- The Latest: At least 21 killed in Idlib province airstrikes
December 4, 20167:22 AM ET
ALEPPO, Syria (AP) — The Latest on the conflict in Syria (all times local):
- No more room for the dead as Syria's Aleppo is crushed
December 4, 20163:09 AM ET
BEIRUT (AP) — The old Aleppo cemetery filled up a year ago. The new one filled up last week. Now the dead are left in the besieged enclave's streets, buried in backyards and overwhelming the morgues.
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
December 4, 20165:43 AM ET
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — With a 10-minute phone call and two tweets, Donald Trump inspired banner headlines and renewed hopes across Taiwan for a stronger partnership with the United States, while also inflaming the complex relationships between the U.S., mainland China, and the self-governing island China regards as a renegade province.
- Fidel Castro's ashes interred in private ceremony in Cuba
December 4, 20168:36 AM ET
SANTIAGO, Cuba (AP) — Fidel Castro's ashes were being interred in a private ceremony Sunday morning, ending nine days of mourning for the man who ruled Cuba for nearly half a century.CHRISTINE ARMARIOMICHAEL WEISSENSTEINAPCopyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Castro's ashes arrive at cemetery for interment
December 4, 20167:52 AM ET
SANTIAGO, Cuba (AP) — The Latest on the interment of Fidel Castro in Santiago, Cuba (all times local):
- Local politician, 2 reporters killed in Finland shooting
December 4, 20168:22 AM ET
HELSINKI (AP) — A gunman killed a local town councilor and two journalists, all women, in an apparent random shooting in a nightlife district in a small town in southeastern Finland, police said Sunday. A male suspect has been detained.
- 8 people killed in road collision in Russia's Siberia
December 4, 20168:35 AM ET
MOSCOW (AP) â Russian officials say at least eight people, including five members of a children's acrobatics team, have been killed in a road collision in eastern Siberia.
- Italians vote in referendum; Renzi vows to quit if he loses
December 4, 20167:28 AM ET
MILAN (AP) — Italians vote Sunday in a referendum on constitutional reforms that is being closely watched abroad to see if Italy becomes the next country to reject the political status quo.
- Russian patriarch blesses new Paris church, a Putin project
December 4, 20168:28 AM ET
PARIS (AP) — The patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church consecrated a prominent new church Sunday near the Eiffel Tower seen as a controversial symbol of President Vladimir Putin's influence in Europe.