- After fanfare, forecasters review talk of storm 'outbreak'
April 28, 20161:18 PM ET
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — After warning for days about violent storms that could rake the central U.S. with huge hail, high winds and strong tornadoes, forecasters will review whether the messages they sent were appropriate for severe weather that some considered a "bust" because the tornadoes that did develop were small.
- Midwest sees 2nd day of storms but no major damage
April 27, 201610:36 PM ET
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Springtime storms lashed parts of the Midwest and South on Wednesday, but on a smaller scale than the night before when tornadoes in Oklahoma and Texas injured more than a dozen people and damaged homes.
- The Latest on storms: Heavy rain causes flooding in Nebraska
April 27, 201612:49 PM ET
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — The Latest on severe weather in the central and eastern U.S. (all times local):
- Tornado outbreak, 5 years later: Piecing lives back together
April 27, 201611:57 AM ET
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — On April 27, 2011, a series of tornadoes killed hundreds of people, injured thousands and reduced countless buildings to rubble across a swath of the U.S.
- Storms bring hail, strong winds, small tornadoes to Plains
April 27, 20161:14 AM ET
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Thunderstorms bearing hail as big as grapefruit and winds approaching hurricane strength lashed portions of the Great Plains on Tuesday, but arrived without the destructive tornadoes that many had worried about for days.
- The Latest: Risk area expands for severe weather
April 26, 20169:14 AM ET
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Latest on severe weather predicted in the central and eastern U.S. (all times local):
- Forecasters warn of severe weather outbreak in central US
April 25, 20167:22 PM ET
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — School districts and authorities are bracing for the possibility of a severe weather outbreak that could produce powerful, long-track tornadoes and large hail Tuesday in some central and southern Plains states.